No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/2 the belly skid mounted. the tcase skid isnt attached right now.

drilling through the stiffeners and then the unibody is a pain in the ass

stripped the d44

mocked up the sliders

they werent designed to run with stiffeners. they stick out about 3/16 - 1/4" farther than i would like them to.

these beadlocks fucking suck.... more on this later.

Comment

• MTZ.
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• the speed of your progress makes me want to vomit, but its looking good.

ps did you weld the stiffeners in yourself? how was that whole process, i gotta do this soon and im not sure if i should trust my own self with the welding or if i should find someone to do it for me.
        dirty30

Comment

• I didnt do the welding, Matt (jeepinjuggalo) did all the welding. I gave it a try, but i suck. Its not like its a major suspension component that if it brakes, someone could die. It probably wont matter if your welds are ugly, as long as its connected to the unibody.

Comment

• whats up with the beadlocks? and what are you gonna do about the sliders?

Comment

• I'd just leave the sliders as is. Is there really any huge disadvantage to having them that way?
              1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
              1999 sierra
              1967 M725 Big and Slow
              -Dan

Comment

• leaf springs are in.

truss is welded on

lots of fucked up axle parts

didnt order the right install kit so the shims and carrier bearings are not the right size, gonna try and have em for tuesday from rockauto

went to replace my front axle oil seals, they were fucked and i got the wrong part at the parts store.

me and justin are gonna try to have front axle/suspension mostly done today , rear axle will be waiting till tuesday it looks like
                Last edited by Mike; 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Sorry man not gonna make it tonight i'll stop in tommorrow after work
                  88 manche-96 4.0 OBDII 5in 35's-new bumper..parked
                  ..............back under construction...
                  96 2door donor....
                  94 yj 4.0 5 sp .... dd only mods no track or sway bars

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I should have but didnt order them in time and theres no way if i ordered them tomorrow they'd be in for awhile. I am trying to have this thing driving wednesday. It really isnt a big deal to do them later, just unbolting the shock and removing the coil.
                    Sell & bring you my front stiffeners for $130

they are these... http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com/...ame-stiffeners

I need replacement leafs more than stiffeners right meow.
                    99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                    http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepJuggalo View Post
                      Sorry man not gonna make it tonight i'll stop in tommorrow after work

its all good. was very unmotivated today. drilled all the holes in the unibody, got the bell skid mounted but realised we forgot to put the shifter on so we dropped the belly skid, installed the shifter but the ball didnt line up and i said fuck it and cleaned up. tomorrow me and justin should have the front suspension and axle in.

Comment

• long arms are in.

waiting on parts for my front axle. Getting them tomorrow. Front axle and suspension is done tomorrow most likely. just waiting for seals for the axle. also want to weld my sliders to my stiffeners.

my rear is another story. Im going on a wild goose chase tomorrow to find shims for my rear axle. All i need is shims and my axle can be geared. If i have to order them, they wont be in till wednesday and my axle wont be in till late wednesday night.

Still need a front driveshaft, dont want a custom one made, but will get one if i have to.

still need brake lines

needs rear shock mounts on the axle. need to fix uppers too.

gotta cut the fenders and front bumper.

Comment

• go go go!

Comment

• first off, would like to say thanks to everyone whos helped wrench on this with me, Justin, Sam, Kappy, Andy, Corey, Jake.

But a huge fuckin thanks to Matt ( jeepinjuggalo). Without his help, this jeep would not be as far along as it is. He has been a huge help and I cant say enough how awesome he has been.

Updates.

Front axle mostly in. Still need to adjust caster and such, and weld lower ca mounts on.

seam sealer over gaps to prevent corrosion, stiffeners are painted

unibody braces for long arms

Threw a tire on to see my width. Wont be rediculusly wide but need to throw some tj flares on to keep the cops off my tail.

clear my control arms at full lock

lots of people have clearance issues with their exhaust, i dont

side shot, should be at almost full droop. still have a couple of inches before my shocks bottom out, and before my brake lines limit me. Should be pretty flexy. Also need to trim fenders alot

ballin' ujoints.

"machined from 300m billet material and the caps are made of 4340 chromoly. They are also properly heat treated and cyrogenically frozen for added strength. These ujoints do not have needle bearings or bushings to crush or wear out. This makes the legs larger for added strengt. The legs and the caps are surface hardened and polished to prevent wear and galling. The legs also have a hole bored in them for grease storage. These joints have a lifetime warranty against breakage."

detroit and 513s

width

rear leafs in

ballin shocks

dshaft mocked up

mocked up steering. Need to cut some threads on the adjustable end of the tracbar. Its too long.

Comment

• rear axle is still waiting to be geared. I dont have the correct shims yet. Need to go tomorrow to a couple transmission shops and a ford dealership to find shims, if i cant get them then i need to overnight them from Cali so it can get geared wednesday night and installed in the jeep, so i can get a driveshaft thursday.

Comment

• looks good dude
                                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                                2001 wj tbd
                                1974 5 ton

Comment

Working...
                                X