No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ruff stuff or ballastic fab diff cover? both are 3/8" , but ballistics has a cool skull on it

Comment

if theyre priced the same get the cool skull for bling
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

the vendor im talking to doesnt carry PORC sye's, so hes gonna get me an AA SYE. There really isnt any difference between the two right, an SYE is an SYE?

Comment

from what i hear they are almost identical

fwiw i run the AA

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            the vendor im talking to doesnt carry PORC sye's, so hes gonna get me an AA SYE. There really isnt any difference between the two right, an SYE is an SYE?
            i installed the PORC SYE with AA's directions.

same exact thing. price is the diff. with porc being less.
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

roger.

need to figure out the parts I need for Hydro-assist now, gonna be the only thing im alittle wishy washy about.

Comment

the only place you can get a porc sye is from porc.

thats like going to wendys and asking for a fuckin big mac
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                  the only place you can get a porc sye is from porc.

thats like going to wendys and asking for a fuckin big mac
                  um no. I am buying all my parts from a VENDOR not straight from the manufacturer. Can you buy a detroit from complete offroad? Can you also buy one directly from eaton? Yep.

Reason im getting most of my stuff from a vendor ( moonworksoffroad) is because hes local in VA so I am support a smaller company, he matches almost any price I can find on the internet, and it will be cheaper for me to place one big order and ship all of it on one pallet instead of shipping lots of little things from lots of different places.

Comment

um no. I am buying all my parts from a VENDOR not straight from the manufacturer. Can you buy a detroit from complete offroad? Can you also buy one directly from eaton? Yep.

Reason im getting most of my stuff from a vendor ( moonworksoffroad) is because hes local in VA so I am support a smaller company, he matches almost any price I can find on the internet, and it will be cheaper for me to place one big order and ship all of it on one pallet instead of shipping lots of little things from lots of different places.
                    that doesn't change the fact that PerformanceOffRoadCenter is the only business that sells the PerformanceOffRoadCenter sye
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

so you are telling me, this guy couldnt buy 100 PORC SYE's and sell them ?

Comment

so you are telling me, this guy couldnt buy 100 PORC SYE's and sell them ?
                        Anyone can do that theoretically, but then youd be selling someone elses product for a profit without being a real reseller.

Its more like walmart selling stop and shop brand cereal. just doesnt make sense. its porc's own off-brand sye..
                        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

While hundreds of other manufacturers distribute their products for a wholesale price, so that the distributors can sell at a retail price, PORC is not one of those companies. Please understand that.

It isn't like buying a Big Mac at Wendys. Moon Works Offroad is a PARTS DISTRIBUTOR, not a manufacturer. It just so happens that PORC doesn't sell to distributors, instead they simply sell their kit by themselves without a middleman.
                          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 08-17-2009, 08:53 AM.
                          sigpic
                          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Thanks again for getting back to me now that you're about ready to place the order. I was wondering why we had so much communication in the past and then you just seemed to "drop off". Glad to hear you're doing ok and having "fun" (haha) running around the world with the Air Force. Thank you for your service!

I should have everything complete on the quote. I didn't add the yoke kit on the order but there is just the yoke itself. I did this b/c the seals, pinion nut etc that were in the kit with it are already included in the master install kit so there's no reason to double up...and it's cheaper. Now that only leaves the 1310 u-joint out. If you need the joint, I'll add one it...if you already have a rear driveshaft and the joint is still good, then you should be good to go how the quote is.

I am exactly $20 higher than complete offroad on the gears and install kit combined. Also...the AA SYE kit is only $15 higher than PORC. That being said...I took a little more than $100 off of shipping. Actual shipping on all this will be over $325 but I have you down for only $225. I'm thinking that makes up for the small differences here and there! haha

As always, feel free to ask questions if you have any or if you need to modify the quote. Thanks Mike.

I might not go with the locker from this guy if I can get it for 400 off pirate, although im skeptical about the guy on pirate, 400 new for a 33 spline detroit sounds kinda fishy. Still gotta pan out the rest of the build but here is the majority of it, enough to get me rolling on 4 tires atleast, the rest is just extra stuff like hydro assist, and on board air. Those might have to wait , still need to see. Should be ordering this shit next week though. Lemme know if it looks right or if you see a price that doesnt seem right speak up.

Comment

Out of all of that i would not spend all that money on TNT stuff honestly. I know you like their bumper and to each their own but its not my style but ill let it slide.

As far as longarms if i would do it again I wouldn't of bought my TNT long arms and looked into BDS or another true 4 or 3 link setup. I am not unhappy with my TNT but i think i could of done better. That truss seems extremely expensive for what it is and personally if i were to do it i would just use some 2x6 steel and buy some brackets from ballistic fab.

Also I would go with RE track bar set up as it is cheaper than that and you can purchase the brace to run from the passenger side to reinforce it which i would want especially with hydro assist. Plus i know will and sam had issues with the size of the bolts on both ends and them breaking and RE runs 1/2" bolts at both ends.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                                Also I would go with RE track bar set up as it is cheaper than that and you can purchase the brace to run from the passenger side to reinforce it which i would want especially with hydro assist. Plus i know will and sam had issues with the size of the bolts on both ends and them breaking and RE runs 1/2" bolts at both ends.
                                truth on trackbar. go RE.
                                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Working...
                                X