Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
    welcome to a world of headache and money....
    really? please explain.

I was drawn to them because I could buy a cheap set of steelies, run the internals, and when they get bent/fucked up down the road I just pull the tube and throw them into another steelie. I only checked around for a little while on pricing and it didn't seem too bad IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      DIY beadlocks need to be PERFECT otherwise theyre useless. sam got his allieds for pretty cheap iirc.
      i got all mah beadlocks for $460

i considered weld on's

but cragars=$180 (sure maybe you already have wheelz)
      weld on's=$200
      nuts n bolts n washas=$80
      total=$460

but they offer no bolt head protection(unless you get those gay caps (moar money)
      allieds rings are tapered to match the shape of the bead, weld on kits are flat and known to leak
      you will need to hold a nut on the back of em' when torqueing down the bolts (sounds like a pain in teh ballz)
      don't come blingy powdercoated
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

oh and stauns = double beadlocked

the inner bead isn't known to pop off very frequently, but i can't justify spending a couple hundo to still have the possibility of blowing a bead

just my 2 cents

edit: read a little more about them, sounds like they are a bitch to install
        Last edited by Even; 07-29-2009, 06:27 PM.

Comment

i looked into the stauns for a bit. but beadlocks look cooler. and i can easily do tire changes in my driveway. i never really got how they were installed either. some of these big bias ply tires are a pain in the balls to get on a wheel in the first place even with a tire machine, now stick an inner tube type thing in there and have a party.

im sure its easier than i picture though

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
            or be a man and get 7100s.
            prob a waste of money all things considered
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

90820394 year old Crusty's shocks ftw.
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                i looked into the stauns for a bit. but beadlocks look cooler. and i can easily do tire changes in my driveway. i never really got how they were installed either. some of these big bias ply tires are a pain in the balls to get on a wheel in the first place even with a tire machine, now stick an inner tube type thing in there and have a party.

im sure its easier than i picture though
                I could care less how they look.

But from what I have read, you are right. They are known for being a bitch to install, which would be the only reason I would steer away from them.

But remember doing a regular beadlock tire change in your driveway is no cake walk either. Sure it's easy in theory tightening a few bolts, but don't tell me you enjoy tightening 32 bolts in a star pattern 4 times. Make that 8 times with double beadlocks and there is the controversy in my head over normal vs. staun.
                Last edited by Even; 07-30-2009, 01:34 AM.

Comment

sam whered you get the beadlocks from?

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                    prob a waste of money all things considered
                    how so? theyre 70 dollars more each, and youll never have to buy a new shock ever again. theyre stronger, have heims instead of bushings, rebuildable, revalvable, and you can rip em apart and make em longer or shorter if you need to.

Comment

just seems like a lot of shock for a normal purpose rig to me where the shock wont be used to the extent its designed to be used for, 70 more each isnt a small margin IMO, thats almost 300 dollars more total. the difference alone in cost between 4 5150s and 4 7100s is almost the cost of 4 5150s alone in the first place, which, again IMO, is more than enough shock for a purpose rig like mike is building, or you and i (hence why we run em)

plus how often do you need to rebuild a shock? my 5150s have been bumps/limiters for over 2 years now and are good as new in the function department.
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        but i can't justify spending a couple hundo to still have the possibility of blowing a bead

if you have ever wheeled with the irok you would know that our tires doesn't like to come off the bead if you have it on a 8" rim. i've run them at 4psi on numerous trips. a single bead lock would be sufficient

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                        edit: read a little more about them, sounds like they are a bitch to install
                        you dont even know the half. i know 2 guys, that make working on anything look easy, that refuse to mess with them again
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

paging sam, where did you get beadlocks for 460 from?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            paging sam, where did you get beadlocks for 460 from?
                            http://www.high-impact.net/wheels/catalog_rock_8.htm

wow i fucked up at math somewhere there

$530 plus like 40 shipping

i lucked out and got a couple slightly used for $200

but 165 each is a bangin price

allieds are the best bang for your buck beadlock wise imo
                            Last edited by Ktmracer419; 07-30-2009, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                              i've run them at 4psi on numerous trips.
                              x2.

only slipped a bead once, but i was pissed

Comment

http://www.ntwonline.com/TYPE_402_-_...L_P7151C72.cfm

what about these

Comment

Working...
                                X