No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason I was going with the TNT y-link was because i havent heard any complaints from Will and others who use it, and for the fact of the belly skid built in.

Havent looked into BDS, clayton seems beefy as fuck but havent looked into that either.

Front bumper I like but really havent found anything else that really gets my attention. I dunno, maybe ill hold off on bumpers for now until I find something that can truly make me happy.

The truss is expensive, but it takes every single bit of guess work out of setting up the brackets, no measuring, getting angles and making sure shit lines up. ( i have no knowlege of setting up axle bracketry) Just set the bitch ontop of the axle and get the pinion angle and weld it on. Its also beefy as fuck

TNT has a inner steering brace you can get with the bumper

You could reuse the factory steering box spacer but, to prevent failure, you may want to replace it with a bullet-proof steel one for a small additional cost. Adding this brace can prevent that fateful unibody cracking/breakage that happens far too often as the factory cast aluminum one fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Reason I was going with the TNT y-link was because i havent heard any complaints from Will and others who use it, and for the fact of the belly skid built in.

Havent looked into BDS, clayton seems beefy as fuck but havent looked into that either.

Front bumper I like but really havent found anything else that really gets my attention. I dunno, maybe ill hold off on bumpers for now until I find something that can truly make me happy.

The truss is expensive, but it takes every single bit of guess work out of setting up the brackets, no measuring, getting angles and making sure shit lines up. ( i have no knowlege of setting up axle bracketry) Just set the bitch ontop of the axle and get the pinion angle and weld it on. Its also beefy as fuck

TNT has a inner steering brace you can get with the bumper

You could reuse the factory steering box spacer but, to prevent failure, you may want to replace it with a bullet-proof steel one for a small additional cost. Adding this brace can prevent that fateful unibody cracking/breakage that happens far too often as the factory cast aluminum one fails.
      i had that brace

my unibody simply cracked around the brace
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

do you attest to the RE tracbar being better also?

Comment

Reason I was going with the TNT y-link was because i havent heard any complaints from Will and others who use it, and for the fact of the belly skid built in. .
          the kit is incredibly solid and personally i have 0 qualms with how it performs and operates, and the skid is really nice IMO.

i saved for the kit forever and dont regret getting it..and all the complaints about the skid making tranny servicing a pain is now null and void as they sell a multi-piece bellyskid now.

i am sure BDS and the others are nice and have their advantages as well as disadvantages, its all just a give and take.
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

i wouldnt buy a tnt trackbar again

well maybe. with my 2" stretch i might have issues with the re bar. the tnt bar is straighter but the top mount is a couple inches forward of stock which helps clear the 44.

honestly out of any trackbar out there now rockkrawler will get my money.

if not re. you need to "upgrade" to 1/2" bolts though, but no biggie

Comment

yeah. Im gonna probably stick with the TNT kit. Clayton didnt have a belly skid , and BDS is quite expensive @ 1,013.24

Comment

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...p?r_itemID=181

Whats so good about the rockkrawler trac bar sam?

Comment

all i know is tnt was smoking reefercrackLSD when they decided to use such small bolts in their trackbar system
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

for what its worth

im converting to a 3 link now

everyone that has done it says its a night and day difference.

BUT

imo the off the shelf 3 and 4 link kits arent all that great

to get decent anti squat numbers you either need to cut into your floor for the uppers or have your lower links a decent amount below the framerails.

im gonna run a mid-arm though and arent too worried about dragging my lower links.

Comment

http://www.rockkrawler.com/pages/cat...p?r_itemID=181

Whats so good about the rockkrawler trac bar sam?
                      cheaper
                      lifetime warranty
                      big ass honkin bolts stock

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        all i know is tnt was smoking reefercrackLSD when they decided to use such small bolts in their trackbar system
                        iron rock offroad says 10mm bolts are super strong in a suspension application if you tighten them properly

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                          iron rock offroad says 10mm bolts are super strong in a suspension application if you tighten them properly
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Well im not trying to build a custom 3 link or cut up my floor , and the only off the shelf one I know of is Rockkrawler, but im pretty set on getting the TNT i think. I do remember though that one guy Dan (ricerking) had the Rock krawler kit and has some crazy flex with it, too much flex actually.

Thanks for the info on the trac bar though, wont get the tnt one.

Comment

That truss does take all the guess work out but personally i couldnt justify spending nearly 500 on it. As far as the inner steering box brace is concerned i have theirs as well and have no issues with it. TNT longarms are great so dont get me wrong but if i were to do something again i would steer away from radius arms personally. Other than that everything looks reasonably priced.

Comment

I've got the TNT inner brace and outter bracing both sides w/ the ARB front bumpR. You could get the TNT inner & outter bracing & buy a different bumper.
                                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Working...
                                X