No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hope you put more bb's in there than the ones that are visible.
    99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

• 1200 bb's per tire

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        1200 bb's per tire
        did you count each bb?
        Last edited by SupermanIce-J; 12-01-2009, 07:03 PM.
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• I used airsoft beads, which are obviously lighter, but i think i used 3000 in each tire (35s). I know you go by how many ounces and not number, but im just sayin. dont know if it makes a difference

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
            did you count each bb?
            Nope. The container they came in was the same diameter from top to bottom. Measured 4 equal parts out on the bottle and drew lines, and then dumped 1/4 in each tire. Roughly 1/4 the bottle is 1200 bbs.

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            I used airsoft beads, which are obviously lighter, but i think i used 3000 in each tire (35s). I know you go by how many ounces and not number, but im just sayin. dont know if it makes a difference
            I heard airsoft beads are bad to use because they disintegrate over time. If anything, I used too many BB's. You cant have too much weight, only too little. Some people use a couple golf balls to balance tires out.

Comment

• you still dont own a jeep
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• how do you figure? havent seen a picture of it yet?

Comment

• goodbye tiny axle!

had to torch out the bushing on the leaf springs, started a small fire

the floors are solid on this thing, it spent 12 years in connecticut. No rust!

is something missing here?

fuck you upper CA

need to fix this, adam told me i could drill em out and run bolts down through, but, you need to have the hands of a 3 year old to be able to reach the hole

i had an aftermarket tracbar, anyone know if this is a stock track bar bracket or after market?

rear main has a slight leak. might as well replace it while i have everything out

a mock up of how wide my tires will be when the axles are under neath it

Last edited by Mike; 12-01-2009, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• a lot of duplicate pics. how long do you have to complete this? that track bar bracket looks stock to me. and use self tapping screws for the rear shocks.

Comment

• I should be out there working on it till the wee hours of the morning but i need to catch up on sleep.Tomorrow this is my plans:

-ABC Co to get a bottle of Argon
                      -Strip my front 44, replace seals and weld the truss, and LCA mounts on, paint
                      -Strip my unibody, plate it.

Should be ready for suspension this weekend. Lots of work still to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                        a lot of duplicate pics. how long do you have to complete this? that track bar bracket looks stock to me. and use self tapping screws for the rear shocks.
                        fixed the dupes.

I dont have to go back to virginia till the 17th of Dec. I want this thing road ready next wednesday, wheelable by next weekend. Still waiting on my drop pitman arm, and caliper brackets for the rear. My rear 5150s should be here this week

Comment

• that is the stock trackbar bracket. shes gonna be sick. oh and I had to drill my shock mount bolts out and drop bolts in from the top as well. I used a telescoping magnet thingy to get the bolts in from the top. It was easy when I thought to use that.
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Finally, after 11 pages of bullshit you are getting somewhere

Comment

• good progress!
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• haha, and i bet ill still be finished before you evan

Comment

Working...
                                X