No announcement yet.

xj's gonna get a makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Armand and I went and got my front yesterday, 95 f350 ball joint high pinion 60.
    And I just got off the phone for my new rear.
    D70, 5.38's, Detroit, dutchman alloys, discs, etc.
    Should be an awesome combo, can't wait to pickup the rear especially since all I have to do is brackets and brake lines and its in.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
      How much cheaper would it really be? Not a lot. Plus the same size u joint un the front. C clips in the rear. Not really all that much of an upgrade.
      I'm gonna do this once so I never regret my choice or have to upgrade again.
      Since I have to change rims too which means tires again, I'm basing everything off running a 40" tire.

guess that makes sense too...lol ...build it one more time and thats it...

didnt know your going to 40's...some body modification in store??

looks so naked in your driveway with no tires...think you will have it ready for the show in Meriden or what?
      99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

• I"ll be over soon to see what you have going on over there

Comment

• I doubt it will be ready. I might have axles under it but i doubt it will have tires.
          Dan.
          2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by kracker View Post
            guess that makes sense too...lol ...build it one more time and thats it...

didnt know your going to 40's...some body modification in store??

looks so naked in your driveway with no tires...think you will have it ready for the show in Meriden or what?
            Oh and yeah, especially since the rear axle is going back 3 inches there's gonna be a liiiiitle more trimming lol. And I refuse to go any higher so I'm sure a lot of metal is gonna go.
            I might get the 38's. Which should be plenty and keep a better effective gear ratio. I just don't like that the mtr's are 14" wide.
            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• why not just keep the 37's? trucks still going to work badass...will the rims work on your new axles? or going to larger rims size as well....?

will it still be driveable on street ya think?

Comment

• Mini road trip to go get D70
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

• Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                  Mini road trip to go get D70

Comment

• Originally posted by kracker View Post
                    why not just keep the 37's? trucks still going to work badass...will the rims work on your new axles? or going to larger rims size as well....?

will it still be driveable on street ya think?
                    Can't. 15's won't clear brakes. Otherwise I would run them for now.
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Got some parts....
                      Front brackets came in from Ballistic

Went and picked up my new rear with Armand. D70, detroit, 5.13's discs. I was told it has dutchman shafts but the ends look like stock. Not sure, maybe someone could ID them or tell me if they make shafts with stock looking ends.

disc brackets. New rotors, just sat for a bit. Have new pads and calipers also.

matching front gear set.

Ruff stuff cover

Got it under the jeep just because

Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Now's when things start to get interesting...

Comment

• awesome man!
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Gonna order the rear perches ASAP and get the rear finished up. Still debating on what to do though. Have to go back ~2-2.5" and I'm not sure on the ruff stuff 2+ kit anymore.
                            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• cant wait to see what this looks like up close....any luck with deciding on tires?

Comment

• Nope. Gonna get something used and then ill figure it out. Most likely the 38 mtr though, maybe even the 37. Because of the 38 width, but I don't have the time id like to take to fit a 40 at the moment.
                                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                                X