xj's gonna get a makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xj's gonna get a makeover

getting excited. Ill probably start a build/rebuild thread but heres the plan anyway.
    Picking up longarm kit this weekend, along with a 231 with a sye already installed. I have a spare front shaft already.
    Gonna pick up a set of axles. Front d30, ectec locker, alloys, 4.88's DOM OTk steering etc.
    rear d44, truetrac 4.88's
    35's
    should make for a pretty nice combo I think.
    only problem so far is the coil buckets are raised on the 30 and I already have 6.5" springs. I have a 1" spacer Im gonna pull but still gonna be too tall I think, so I may be looking to trade for sme 5.5's or something if anyone wants to go up.
    Only other thing I dont really like is the truetrac. But I figure I can get some money back, pick up an open carrier and powertrax or another locker.
    should be good anyway.

Last edited by ct67_72; 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM.
    Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Get some 3 or 4 inch springs?
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

When you want them tires boss???
      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Either during this coming week. or next weekend. I work second shift, so I could do during the day, or the weekend.
        I may even go to a 4.5" spring. then even if I need a spacer I have 2, 1/2" on each side now, I can just shim it up. Im sure I can find someone to trade me 4.5's for 6.5s'
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

i would say give the truetrac a shot b4 you toss it.

sound like cool plans though
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

sounds like a good plan, if you it turns out you need a hand give me a ring!

Comment

f-ing people! I told the guy I wanted the axles a couple days ago definitely, said I would send deposit if need be to make sure they diddnt go anywhere because I couldnt get up till next weekend. now he sold them to someone. Pisses me off.
              anyway, unless I find a cheap HP 30 and buy jeepbabii's stuff, Im just gonna re-gear and leave the front open, because I dont have cash for alloys, and dont want to lock it on 35's with out them.
              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                sounds like a good plan, if you it turns out you need a hand give me a ring!
                by the way did you get your stuff yet?
                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

I got the tool I was waiting on, now some assembly will come with co-operative weather

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                    I got the tool I was waiting on, now some assembly will come with co-operative weather
                    dude are you done yet??????
                    anyway. I still need to keep a budget, the other axles were too good a deal to pass up, so with that gone I just went to just differentials and ordered me some nitro gurs! Went 4.88's for the 8.25 and high pinion d30 im picking up this weekend.
                    So with the weather how it is Ive decided that thursday will start the day everything starts getting done. My plan is to put it on stands, drop the x-mamber, swap t-cases, install longarms, and try it out. Gonna pick up tires saturday along with axle.
                    Might have to run the 35's on it for a week or 2 because I think someone is buying my wheels saturday also. so once the gears come in, (I hope by early next week) Ill get the crackin and get the 30 built, then swap out the 8.25 stuff.
                    Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

well i got the t-case swapped today. so the sye is done. rear shaft is a little short. need a zj shaft. diddnt get the long arms on, gonna have to do a little different setup than I thought. coming along anyway
                      Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Longarms should be easier than the SYE, if you need a hand let me know!

Comment

well, it would be but someone made these. the last owner of my jeep broke off a x-member bolt, drilled holes in the frame, put bolts in and welded them to the frame. the longarms I have are drilled for 4 bolts through the frame. I thought the 2 stock ones would like up, then I could drill the other 2 per side and be done, but no, they dont line up, so I have to cut the welded bolts out, bolt the x-mamber to the trans, jack it up into place and drill some new holes. shouldnt be a big deal. I dont have an air compressor right now so im gonna run to harbor freight and pick up an electric die grinder.
                          Should do the job. It will have to wait a week or so now. I had today and tomorrow. now with the extra work I dont think Ill have time to get it done before work tomorrow so It will probably get done when I swap front axles.
                          Might try and wheel sometime this weekend if you want to come out too
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

yeah just give me a holler!

Comment

yeah, ill let you know. its always nice to have a hand. kind of pissed me off I diddnt get them on today. I hate having parts laying around and not on my jeep!!!
                              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Working...
                              X