No announcement yet.

My green Xj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chromo'ed hp 44 with 4.56's and ford outers.

that's my summa project
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post

that's my summa project
      the internets told me front digs with a 44 is a recipe for explosion, but the internets is wrong about a lot of things
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

still with 35's smight be okay??
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

idk i only plan on running a max of 35's with this set-up, like after i kill the km2's i wanna get a set of 35 krawlers.

I feel like if i can do a rear dig, rev limiting on an obstacle in 2wd with 35's on a stock rear 44 with a locker, there should be no reason a front 44 with chromos shouldn't be able to handle a dig.

ohh well i hope it works haha.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by Supermanxj View Post
            still with 35's smight be okay??
            not sure. but with the good shafts in my junk at b2 on one of the rcrocs i was in reverse in the bowls with my rear tires in the air and rear bumper sliding up shit. the whole time i was doing that i was waiting for a boom. but it held up fine and dandy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              not sure. but with the good shafts in my junk at b2 on one of the rcrocs i was in reverse in the bowls with my rear tires in the air and rear bumper sliding up shit. the whole time i was doing that i was waiting for a boom. but it held up fine and dandy.
              yeaaa i think it'll be fine, i really don't think i need to build a 60 for 35's, esp when at this point the only thing i need to start building the 44 is steel for the tubes and shafts.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

that's my summa project
                Keeping the 30spl. inners?

Way down the road I may contemplate going to a 44/60 hybrid w/ 35spl stuff. Obviously a 609 would be the shit, but If I already have a hp44 I don't see a reason not to try it. I doubt I'll ever see bigger than a 36-37" tire on this jeep.

ARB makes a 35 spl locker, Ballistic is in the process of making bombproof balljoints, Reid knuckles, etc.

Comment

i think i'm gonna keep it 30 spl, it all depends on the money i have to dump into it.

If i come across the cash for an ARB, i will go that route, run 35 spline shafts and just ditch the spool, which i really don't wanna run in the first place.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

yeaaa i think it'll be fine, i really don't think i need to build a 60 for 35's.
                    agreed. i'd give it a shot

Originally posted by Even View Post
                    Keeping the 30spl. inners?

Way down the road I may contemplate going to a 44/60 hybrid w/ 35spl stuff. Obviously a 609 would be the shit, but If I already have a hp44 I don't see a reason not to try it. I doubt I'll ever see bigger than a 36-37" tire on this jeep.

ARB makes a 35 spl locker, Ballistic is in the process of making bombproof balljoints, Reid knuckles, etc.
                    i would entertain this idea, but with the 35's i'm content with what i got.

Comment

only in my world......

can i install "new shocks" and do all kinds of cool stuff...

then go rip for 15 minutes and blow up both shocks, make my oil leak at a higher rate, and snap a grease fitting off a TRE how random is that shit.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                        only in my world......

can i install "new shocks" and do all kinds of cool stuff...

then go rip for 15 minutes and blow up both shocks, make my oil leak at a higher rate, and snap a grease fitting off a TRE how random is that shit.
                        Damn man sorry to hear that.
                        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

that no good babii
                          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                          http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

lol i mean the front shocks were partially my fault, they are rears for 4 inches of lift, when i installed them they actually would have been perfect if i had bumpstops..... they had like 3 inches of uptravel and insane amount of downtravel... ehh ohhh fucking well.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                              lol i mean the front shocks were partially my fault, they are rears for 4 inches of lift, when i installed them they actually would have been perfect if i had bumpstops..... they had like 3 inches of uptravel and insane amount of downtravel... ehh ohhh fucking well.
                              Bump stops are over rated
                              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

well using shocks as bumpstops is overrated too, cause all they do is piss shock oil everywhere

ForSure Motorsports
                                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Working...
                                X