Harry's thread to organize all his Jeep thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
    You would still have to flip the calipers side to side since its upside down now, but that looks like it would make it worse huh?
    Did switch them, note the bleeder is on top. But yeah, a little worse anyway. Oh well.

Also realized UBE won't work well with normal spring pads. The nut on the buttom would prevent the bolt from being tight with the sides of the leafs since the pad is 2.5" wide, same as the leafs. Probably not a huge deal, but I'd have to hog out the plates too. I'd like to give it a little more thought before I just start grinding away to make things fit.
    97 XJ.

Comment

• only solution i see is.....

rear 4 link.
      Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

• can you rotate the bracket so the calipers are directly above? What if you rotated the caliper to the backside where the banjo bolt would fit directly under the leafs?

I would rotate the bracket till the caliper fits in a good position.
        then drill new holes on the bracket.
        if you rotate the bracket and there is no material to drill into then just add material onto the bracket......

seems like that would be a pretty simple fix
        Last edited by justtorchit; 01-17-2013, 06:44 AM.
        some choose projects

Comment

• Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
          can you rotate the bracket so the calipers are directly above? What if you rotated the caliper to the backside where the banjo bolt would fit directly under the leafs?

I would rotate the bracket till the caliper fits in a good position.
          then drill new holes on the bracket.
          if you rotate the bracket and there is no material to drill into then just add material onto the bracket......

seems like that would be a pretty simple fix
          Oh my god you're a freakin genius.

But yeah, that probably would be the easiest solution.
          97 XJ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
            Did switch them, note the bleeder is on top. But yeah, a little worse anyway. Oh well.

Also realized UBE won't work well with normal spring pads. The nut on the buttom would prevent the bolt from being tight with the sides of the leafs since the pad is 2.5" wide, same as the leafs. Probably not a huge deal, but I'd have to hog out the plates too. I'd like to give it a little more thought before I just start grinding away to make things fit.
            oooooooo, I didnt see the bleeder when i was looking on my phone this morning.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
            www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

can you rotate the bracket so the calipers are directly above? What if you rotated the caliper to the backside where the banjo bolt would fit directly under the leafs?
              Thinking about this a little, I'm not sure where I'd want to put it. If I rotate them down to avoid banjo/leaf interference, it looks like I would trade u-bolt/caliper bolt interference for leaf/caliper bolt interference. If I rotate up, I would need to get longer soft hoses... I really don't want to run them over the leafs making it impossible to pull the axle without removing the brake line.

All kinda spacial speculation until I have it all in front of me... Longer soft hoses may be a better solution though if everything else clears with them on top.
              97 XJ.

Comment

Thinking about this a little, I'm not sure where I'd want to put it. If I rotate them down to avoid banjo/leaf interference, it looks like I would trade u-bolt/caliper bolt interference for leaf/caliper bolt interference. If I rotate up, I would need to get longer soft hoses... I really don't want to run them over the leafs making it impossible to pull the axle without removing the brake line.

All kinda spacial speculation until I have it all in front of me... Longer soft hoses may be a better solution though if everything else clears with them on top.
                why would you need longer soft lines? just run a longer hard line to the soft line.
                some choose projects

Comment

• I'll have to wait and see what it looks like on the top. My soft lines are fairly short (my fault) and I'm afraid they wouldn't even be long enough to make it down the the axle tube to meet up with a hard line. I don't want to mount them on the u-bolt plate.
                  97 XJ.

Comment

only solution i see is.....

rear 4 link.
                    Promote.

We can make my TJ links work

Comment

I'll have to wait and see what it looks like on the top. My soft lines are fairly short (my fault) and I'm afraid they wouldn't even be long enough to make it down the the axle tube to meet up with a hard line. I don't want to mount them on the u-bolt plate.
                      They only have to be long enough to let the caliper float. Run the hardline right under the perch and loop the hose to it.
                      Dan.
                      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
                      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Yup. You shouldn't have any issue
                        some choose projects

Comment

only solution i see is.....

rear 4 link.
                          x2
                          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Progress

97 XJ.

Comment

• Comment

• finish it!!
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X