No announcement yet.

Grundle Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran xj leafs in the rear of my Willys and the axle wrap was terrible, that is why I 4 linked it. You are going the opposite way, maybe sure you make yourself a beefy anti-wrap bar. My friend runs them in his YJ with an anti wrap bar with no real problem, except the springs take a beating from not having bump stops. Good luck
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
      blah blah blah

im going to cut my link brackets off and mock them up and see how everything looks first. I'm going to weigh my options here

its going to boil down to how much of the frame arch im going to have to notch to mount my coil buckets flat and if i then have room to french in the shock mounts.
      when i relocated my coil buckets b4 OERII, i moved them as far back as i could without notching and it only allowed maybe 2" of stretch. so its going to be tight, and im not sure if i want to cut the arch out and put in a straight run of box tube. that would run into issues with rear body mounts ect.
      so if i see its going to be a PITA to move the rear back ~ 5" w/ coils, then im just going to put shackle mounts on the rear bumper and throw some leafs on dat' bitch... ya dig?

Originally posted by Ktmracer419
      some people choose video games
      some choose projects
      some choose welding random things together

Comment

• i know man. im itching to fix it. just gotta get my ass over to my parents and work on it... seems like im sick, working on someones computer or jsut to tired after work to go do it . i need some motivation
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• same here

im at work and like OMG GONNA FIX JEEPY TONIGHT

and i get home

and its cold, wet and dark outside
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• (see what i did there?)
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

• Originally posted by justtorchit View Post

(see what i did there?)
              was hangin out at coits last night and bugged him about the frame. so im going to stay on him about that. he felt bad about not getting to it.

also need a wood stove for the garage so i can work in there. and for you to come over and help and give me motivation.
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• Motivation. A picture is worth 1000 words heres 2 pictures

1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• So let me know if you need a hand, I will keep my eyes open for a wood stove.
                  1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• hahaha thanks man

Comment

• Dont you have a toyota to build too.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• http://hartford.craigslist.org/hsh/1517256470.html

good deal
                        hit up clist

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                          Dont you have a toyota to build too.
                          yup

Comment

yup
                            dont do it, since i will look lazy at not making any progress on the one here
                            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                            2001 wj tbd
                            1974 5 ton

Comment

was hangin out at coits last night and bugged him about the frame. so im going to stay on him about that. he felt bad about not getting to it.

also need a wood stove for the garage so i can work in there. and for you to come over and help and give me motivation.
                              my dad is selling his could retro this he negotiable on the price
                              http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/for/1532446899.html
                              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                              2001 wj tbd
                              1974 5 ton

Comment

• OH LOOK!

my jeep still moves

Comment

Working...
                                X