Grundle Jeep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust is done:

not the way i wanted it but it looks nice. i wanted to re route the header in front of the oil pan instead of the rear to give me more room, but i would of had to take the header off to fully weld the new bend on. so this was the only option to fit a muffler in there
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Schmancy.
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

all other plans for the jeep are on hold while i try to figure out what to do with my frame

options:
        1. plate the entire frame from start of tub back
        2. new box tube from tub back
        3. new tj frame
        4. buy a cheep yj with a blown motor for cheep and swap in my ish and part out the TJ

im not going to quit wheeling like so many others
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

claytonclaytonclayton

"lets use nothing but right hand thread joints"
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

option 5. swap in unibody, join the club
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
              option 5. swap in unibody, join the club
              This....
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

fuck unibodys... sry guys... but rly this is serious business

i would love to help ya make a box frame from scratch.... alot of work... but ya can do anything ya want,

also a nice new frame would be a nice new start....

honestly i say it depends how ambitious u wana be... i can help ya do what ever...
                i know ya got the connections and skills to make a box frame....

the way i see it... ya you could temp. fix it by plating it. but the rest of the frame isnt far behind...... lets take a wekend and swap to a new frame.. or lets take the winter and make it nicey nice.. im there to help either way... an dthis is also a perfect time to figure out you stretch plans and wat not.....

most importantly.. take a week off from it.. think a bit, and then come out with a final idea that makes you happy
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

start fresh dude... new frame, either fab up a box frame or swap in a stout frame from a YJ/TJ strengthen it/backhalf whatever...

I was getting sooo sick of rust, rot, and cracks. Starting fresh has been such a refreshing change of pace so far. You can bet my new frame is going to get a generous coat of POR15, as well as the underside of the tub when its all finished.
                  Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

After all that you have put in to this thing, why not just box the frame? I dont get the Yj phad that people seem to have.
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
                      After all that you have put in to this thing, why not just box the frame? I dont get the Yj phad that people seem to have.
                      he should build a wk
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes, he should, the urge to lift mine is so fucking hard to resist. I just saw this one in town last night with 33's. I would love to lift mine but i might loose my man hood if i did that.

Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

found a full 6cyl tj frame out of a 2001 (clean too) for $300

now do i replace the whole frame? or do i just cut out the section i need and patch it in? i would cut my frame at the start of the tub (both sides) and drop it out while supporting the tub and tranny. i would then cut the downer frame to match, line it up via the body mount bolts and weld/fishplate. my roomate did the exact same thing to his yj and it came out good.

the later option seems easier to me.... opinions anyone?

Comment

i would swap in the frame from another TJ so long as its in good shape...definitely what i would do...unless the rest of your frame is in pretty dang good shape..then maybe just repair what needs it....but if the rest is a bit questionable, swapping would prob be your best bet in the long run.

i also wouldnt smack talk unibodies anymore
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

droppin links:

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...t-_p_1462.html

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...nt_p_1511.html

http://www.ballisticfabrication.com/...rs_p_1478.html

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                                i would swap in the frame from another TJ so long as its in good shape...definitely what i would do...unless the rest of your frame is in pretty dang good shape..then maybe just repair what needs it....but if the rest is a bit questionable, swapping would prob be your best bet in the long run.

i also wouldnt smack talk unibodies anymore
                                you would do the full frame swap??? im just worried about how long that would take with brake/fuel lines, steering box, re bleed everything....

one good thing about doing a full frame swap is i could do all the link mounts/shock hangers while the frame is off and it would be super easy.

oh and

Comment

Working...
                                X