My 1950 Willys Trail Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• owen, lookin nasty man. I would be honored to check this thing out one day
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
      owen, lookin nasty man. I would be honored to check this thing out one day
      Anytime man... just a phone call away, besides I live in a decent spot to take a motorcycle ride to
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

• owen i will have two bumps and four can for you shipped out monday the other ones are in customs at jfk. some stupid bull shit. dont let this reflect badly on us, i figured two can give you time to figure out where you want to put them on one end at least till you get the other two.
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• also i'll be home for a couple of days in september i really want to come check this out
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• aWe need a Owen show and tell field trip.

Do we need to get a permission slip signed?
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzy View Post
              owen i will have two bumps and four can for you shipped out monday the other ones are in customs at jfk. some stupid bull shit. dont let this reflect badly on us, i figured two can give you time to figure out where you want to put them on one end at least till you get the other two.

also i'll be home for a couple of days in september i really want to come check this out
              Sounds great, that will allow me to get all of the suspension finished welded. I have just been bustin your balls a little, I know you guys are just a distributor for them, so no worries, I have referred at least a half a dozen people to you guys for XJ stuff while I have been waiting for these parts to come in so definately no hard feelings. I am pretty patient.

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
              aWe need a Owen show and tell field trip.

Do we need to get a permission slip signed?
              No, but you might want to be up on your tetnis shot though.
              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• bitching flex!! looks really good
                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

• Sent your package today i hope you like the gift i included, sent some stickers so you can put one or two or 20 on the rig lol
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Sent your package today i hope you like the gift i included, sent some stickers so you can put one or two or 20 on the rig lol
                    I saw that, are those any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                      I saw that, are those any good?
                      the profender bumps? They are well constructed and huge compared to bilsteins they are quality product.

oh and owen i'll have the other two tomorrow, i'll just gonna bring em home with me. Gives me a reason to stop by have a beer and check this thing out
                      Last edited by DizzDizz; 09-05-2011, 11:57 AM.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

the profender bumps? They are well constructed and huge compared to bilsteins they are quality product.

oh and owen i'll have the other two tomorrow, i'll just gonna bring em home with me. Gives me a reason to stop by have a beer and check this thing out
                        I was talking about the other "special" gift

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                          I was talking about the other "special" gift
                          oh ya they aren't bad they are only like 5% alcohol, but they add a little extra jd flavor so it tastes stronger than it is. but also a good quality construction.
                          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Sounds good man, just shoot me a text.

Just got internet back today from the hurricane. I'll update tonight but I have not gotten a lot of work done on the jeep
                            1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• 3" Profender Air Bumps from LII

I was working on welding out a bunch of tube and the rear 4 link brackets and whatnot before I lost power during the hurricane... and much to my dismay, the my generator doesn't really put out enough to power the garage

Put the links back in and bolted the tires on, now I can start setting up my shock mounts and bump mounts in the back.

I started getting really frustrated with the front tube work, trying to mess around with dinky shock hoops and leaving limited space for the bumps. It just wasn't ideal. So I cut all my tacks and decided to try something else...

The grill is now narrowed 5 inches but will still hide the radiator. I am not planning on running headlights in the grill.

I used a piece of Tig wire to kind of simulate where the shock will attach to the hoops, I have to cut off and replace the axle shock mounts becuase I screwed up the spacing but when I weld the new ones on I might angle them toward the back of the jeep a little.

Not sure if I like it yet but it works a hell of a lot better, I am going to mount the grill and winch and see how it looks with a piece of tube across to surrount the grill.
                              1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

• More from this weekend

Mounted radiator

Put some flat stock in to mount the winch

Little more tube

Blew up my flex head TIG torch, gotta order a new one, I have the rigid one on now, don't really like it.
                                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                                X