Project "Swapped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
    Do what you want but unless you crawl rock faces at 20mph you wont notice a difference. And I'm sure your drive train will enjoy the load of it not shifting when you let off the gas
    Im going to have to agree. The only time I have seen people do this is is when people want to put all the power to the ground under hard accel. A lot of people do it in diesel trucks. The only thing im seeing is when you stop, you are going to have to flip the switch so it unlocks the torque converter. I feel that would get annoying IMO. Not a bad idea seeing as it would use all the power of the engine at low speeds, but if you come to a stop, the engine is gonna bog down because the torque converter is locked.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Bump:

Finished building the long arms, all and all costed me around $400 and the bragging rights of saying i built my own front suspension. Im gonna be getting some tarz in the next few weeks as a graduation gift which are gonna be 35x13.5x15 toyo m/t's.

Tire only rubs on one spot on each side which bothers me a bit, but it only rubs when im flexing, at full lock it's about 1/4 away from the lower.

Not really sure what will be next, prolly a rear bumper and rock sliders but with me starting college in the fall, it's my best option to save for school not the jeep
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

please redo crossmember....

it works, but wut i see is scary
        Originally posted by Ktmracer419
        some people choose video games
        some choose projects
        some choose welding random things together

Comment

It's going to get reinforced with a L bracket and bolts going through the unibody, and i might try to stiffen it up a bit

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
            please redo crossmember....

it works, but wut i see is scary
            crossmember is the only problem I see, other than that you did a good job

Comment

Bump: Just ordered me a set of these in blue

http://pirate4x4.com/forum/showthrea...ight=rocklight

I also have a set of 5k 35w hids being shipped for the hellas.

Kinda just messing around with stuff now being im happy with it for the most part..... For now

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Not to bad on how far the tires stick out, the fronts will be even farther outward with spacers.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by LittleD View Post

the company next door to us is making these now. i have been working very closely with them on the build. already what they have showed me puts these to shame. they arent spot lights it will legit light up the whole perimiter of your jeep giving you more visibility. they are also making led light bars too.
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Why only space the front?
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzy View Post
                      the company next door to us is making these now. i have been working very closely with them on the build. already what they have showed me puts these to shame. they arent spot lights it will legit light up the whole perimiter of your jeep giving you more visibility. they are also making led light bars too.
                      The white ones are alot brighter than the blue, but i opted to just go for show on these, i don't wheel at night so i have no purpose for them.

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                      Why only space the front?
                      Im happy with the width of the rear, the front was gonna get spaced to stop rubbing on the long arms, but i adjusted my steering stops so im all set with that.

Doesn't look that bad from this angle, but the coil is pretty much shot. Gonna order a pair of 5.5 in RE coils for a decent price and then swap em in. While im at it im gonna put in the fourth control arm, cause the axle is rotated so much, the driver side doesn't extend enough. Pucks got added to the front so i don't crush anymore fenders, might throw a 4th puck per side in.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Originally posted by LittleD View Post
                        So Fast, So Furious!

Kidding aside, I fricken like what you've done to this thing!
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                        My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

• Is your axle too far back causing the spring to arc like that? Whats the length of your lowers?
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• i think ive seen this jeep at WESTCONN

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                              Is your axle too far back causing the spring to arc like that? Whats the length of your lowers?
                              It was like this when i had the short arms also, the drivers side is perfect and the wheelbase is the same on each side, i believe 124"

Originally posted by ngboyd View Post
                              i think ive seen this jeep at WESTCONN
                              Yes, you probably have, im usually next to Dillion in the mornings

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                                Is your axle too far back causing the spring to arc like that? Whats the length of your lowers?
                                Thats what I was thinking..

Comment

Working...
                                X