Project "Swapped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project "Swapped"

Don't have many pics so far but this is from this weekend. hope to have it all done by september, paint and all

It is a 1989 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, 4 door, full power. Got it for $300 bucks. Needed a alternator, 2 front doors, and a hood.

This is the jeep im taking the parts from

Last edited by LittleD; 05-20-2010, 09:28 PM.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

today i got the rear leafs bolted, took a while to cut out broken leaf's around the bolt and broke the two bolts in the shock mount and had to ez-out them

still have to do brake line, driveshaft(have to change the angles with the t-case so the t-case dosen't shatter again) drop the t-case down and switch x-member.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Today i completley finished the front end. Determined ill need to trim the flares. don't want to fully pull them off yet. Gotta replace tie-rod(jack slid off axle housing and blew it out.)
      Still have to do: Brake Lines, T-case Drop along with x-member switch, Replace glass in Drivers door, replace headliner, Do both bumpers and mount lights, Install rock sliders after some repairs. And lastley throw some enamel paint on.
      Last edited by LittleD; 08-21-2009, 02:50 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Last weekend i finished up on doing the brake lines, have to get my discs grinded down cause they have rust from 2 years ago. I took it up and down the street(rt.7) with the doors off and it went surprisingly well.

Still have to do: Front and rear Bumper, Headliner, trim my fenders but leave the flares on. Change cross member, and a complete fluid change

Next weekend hopefully i'll have time to do some electrical work (lights and radio)

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Today i decided to just finish the front bumpa, i had it in the garage for a week stripped down to nothing. Had to re-do the Highlift bolts cause one snapped off and the other was close to nothing

Not much i can do this weekend, need to hook up the e-brake cables, and take a saw to my fenders. Any one have any tips for re-gluing a headliner? the 357 spray adhesive didn't work to well on the other headliner
          Last edited by LittleD; 01-03-2010, 03:08 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I would just pull the headliner down. No matter what you do to them they never seem to fit right again
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

the other jeep i had i glued it, the next week it was falling down again

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                the other jeep i had i glued it, the next week it was falling down again
                See above
                I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

k

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Today i made a trip out to the JY and pulled a set of tj flares. Should i cut off the centering tabs used on the tj? and the lip that runs along the inside, do i have to cut that off to?
                    Last edited by LittleD; 11-03-2009, 06:33 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

So what was the huge problem with the first xj
                      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

4.10 gears on 38's.... thats why he needed a new one

Comment

no he could not get it towed by someone else to the trails for a ridiculously menial amount of money
                          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

no, the floors were rotted out, huge oil leak, ripped up interior, broken coil mount
                            Last edited by LittleD; 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                              4.10 gears on 38's.... thats why he needed a new one
                              i would cut off my legs before i would think about that setup.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X