No announcement yet.

Project "Swapped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up some steel to do my tie-in brackets, pulling this bumper off Wednesday/Thursday to mock up the center portion of the new bumper. Hoping to have this mostly done by the meet and greet
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I have to email you that pic i have of the jeep to put up here

Comment

Bump, Went out to check just how bad my u-joints were cause they are squeaking like a s.o.b. It seems everyday i find something new to fix on it. Found a broken vacuum line to my map sensor, which i took a piece of hose and covered the breakage.

List of things that need to get done in the near future: New Radiator, front axle joint, front and rear u-joints, exhaust leak somewhere under the hood, new muffler (random hole) Saturday i need to do my front end fluid change cause water is still leaking out of it, need front unit bearings for both sides, tracbar needs to get done saturday. Bumper has to get finished and put on (hopefully by the end of next month but we'll see)

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

BAM, This is the project that i've had going on the back burner since mid feb.

I think it came out awesome and it sticks out about 2 1/2 inches past the fenders for possible future plans

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

3/16 or 1/4"?

Comment

3/16 with 1/4 tie ins

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

looks good keep it up

Comment

I can't decide on what to do next, it's either paint or steering.

http://www.paintforcars.com/kits_sapphirebluemet.html
                  Last edited by LittleD; 05-02-2010, 07:18 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

This looks similar to my daily.

nice job.

RM

Comment

Finally solved my front end vibes today. My axle side upper control arm bushing was completely shot to where the upper arm was rubbing against the axle mount. So i threw in a flat washer to shim out the c.a and now i can do above 30 mph without any shimmy/vibes.
                      With that problem solved, the one ton steering isn't getting done till later in the build. Next is prolly gonna be rear flares and paint

AND i get the pleasure of ordering a radiator tomorrow. Can't beat $100 for a brand spanking new one .

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Bump:

Over the long weekend from school, i got alot done on the jeep. I put the flowmaster muffler on that i had sitting in the shed from the 1st jeep. Earned the nickname "home wrecker" when i revved the engine, and blew 5 mice out of the muffler.

Rear flares got mounted, along with a deep gouge from the drill bit sliding up the door. Finished trimming the front fender, so now the cut fender is flush with the flare.

Hopefully i can get rid of the tsl's on Thursday which will give me money to do my other wheel bearing, If that solves my shimmy then i can finally buy some paint, and then some new rubber. With the rear flares and the 8.8 being narrow the jeep looks way out of proportion with the 10.5 a/t's. As long as i can figure out a bump stop setup, im gonna get the 35x12.5 km dueces.

Pics in a bit

Last edited by LittleD; 05-31-2010, 04:11 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

rattle cans are required
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            rattle cans are required
                            , i like my multi tone black. and those flares weren't painted

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

totally not talking about the flairs
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                                totally not talking about the flairs
                                i know, the body paint is a custom fade........

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                                X