No announcement yet.

Project "Swapped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday i got to cutting my fenders, and today i mounted the front flares.

God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Update- Today i started to plan my 1 st trip to RC in the spring, and started to price out my next expenses.

Jcr one ton- $349 shipped
      Gears- 4:56= $475 shipped
      Rock slider repair- Bday gift hopefully
      Tires- maybe a 35" stt?
      Gonna make a high clearance bumper don't know the cost of materials yet.
      After matching my jeep up to one with a new 4.5" lift, i deff. do not have 5.5" in lift so coil spacer will be added to help level out the rake.

Is there anything i am missing that would be a smart idea before i go to Rausch?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

lockers
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          lockers
          i have a quote for a spartan locker, but being 80% on the street, im not sure on putting one in.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

wont matter not that big i run a spooled rear, also you need someone to go with cant go alone
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
              wont matter not that big i run a spooled rear, also you need someone to go with cant go alone
              im not gonna go alone, a few friends from around town, and maybe some others
              Last edited by LittleD; 01-25-2010, 08:40 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                Is there anything i am missing that would be a smart idea before i go to Rausch?
                Recovery gear and tow points if you/your buddies don't have them already.

You don't want to be that asshole clogging up the trail when you get stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                  Recovery gear and tow points if you/your buddies don't have them already.

You don't want to be that asshole clogging up the trail when you get stuck.
                  i have a rear towhook, and on the current bumper, i got two d rings

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I was more worried about your buddies, I know how reckless and inconsiderate those New Milford assholes can be

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                      I was more worried about your buddies, I know how reckless and inconsiderate those New Milford assholes can be

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Finally got to take this for some offroading, it didn't go as planned. Got my first set of trail damage: Broken Cb antenna, ripped off recovery hook, broken rear bumper tie in, and a leaky rear diff.

Now at least i know my weak links and what could be improved on.

pics cause it happend
                        got hung up on the rear diff.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

This is ^^^^ during the day

With my day off, i got out and took some pics to see how much travel/flex i have.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Story of my life:

Ever since i built this, i thought that maybe it was supposed to be a stiff ride, maybe it was supposed to badly veer right if i let go of the steering wheel, maybe death wobble was meant to be on this jeep, Maybe those vibes were just from the tires......

Annnnd Then, today i was just looking at the jeep, and realized just how off my axle was compared to the body. Asked my dad a few questions and then it occured to me that this horrible jeep ride wasn't the jeep, It was my Damn Trackbar. I had problems with it during the build, but thought that it was like everything else (PIA). Turns out that it needs to be lengthened by 1 1/2 inches.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                              Story of my life:

Ever since i built this, i thought that maybe it was supposed to be a stiff ride, maybe it was supposed to badly veer right if i let go of the steering wheel, maybe death wobble was meant to be on this jeep, Maybe those vibes were just from the tires......

Annnnd Then, today i was just looking at the jeep, and realized just how off my axle was compared to the body. Asked my dad a few questions and then it occured to me that this horrible jeep ride wasn't the jeep, It was my Damn Trackbar. I had problems with it during the build, but thought that it was like everything else (PIA). Turns out that it needs to be lengthened by 1 1/2 inches.
                              What tracbar are you running? stock? if so theres your problem
                              89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                              95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                              97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                              If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

adjustable.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                                X