No announcement yet.

Project "Swapped"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well with OER III coming up, this will be my first trip to rausch, and now that im working with my dad again, i can finally get shit done to the jeep. I was gonna get steering next week but im gonna gear it first, sadly i probably won't have the spartan up front yet but ill make due. I might run out and get some tubing so i can sleeve my stock steering. And paint will be due right after rausch cause im worried ill trash a fresh paint job there.
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

After getting a few price quotes from pirate, i can get RE lower long arms for $174 a piece/ $30 shipping. I can use my RE adjustable uppers with them to. It just so happens i have just enough 3x6 to make my own x member with L.A mounts but it would be a better decision to just buy these:

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-20680.html

They have the mounts for a 4 link but i don't think ill ever do that type of setup till this becomes a trail rig.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

would rather spend an extra 25 and get this http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php?cPath=18_122
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
          would rather spend an extra 25 and get this http://claytonoffroad.com/index.php?cPath=18_122
          oh wow, i just changed my mind. Thanks I would still be able to use my warn t-case skid with this right?

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Just ordered some gears yesterday, they will be here next wednesday so ill be pulling apart the axles next weekend. Got them from randy's ring and pinion for $457 along with free shipping. Decided to hold off on a locker 'cause i am in need of tires in the near future.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

The 8.8 is geared, pretty happy with how it runs. The 4:10's feel just like it did when i was completely stock. I used the stock shim and my backlash came out amazing. Got a great pattern on the first spin. Gearing the dana 30 tomorrow and then all i have to do is put about 200 miles on it, dump the fluid, check all the internals, and use full synthetic.

33x12.5's im getting from a friend will be at my house in mid august cause the km2's are on damn backorder and he can't sell me his current ones without his new ones done.

My dad is ordering a compressor sometime in the next week or two so i can finally get to painting it. The little 5 gallon one isn't very powerfull, so were getting a commercial size one and running lines throughout the garage.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

So as of now, the front is still apart. When i first started to pull the parts, i realized the drive shaft had a ton of verticle movement at the housing. Pulled the carrier, and sure enough, the pinion gear was gouging into the little metal plate behind the gear. Put the carrier bearings off, and backlash is WAY off from the pinion being fucked up. I need to re shim it, but of course our bearing press is no where to be found, tried to heat it a bit and destroyed one of the bearings, So i bought two from advance for like 10 bucks a piece.

Hopefully once i set all this correctly, the howling will go away, the clunking will go away, gas mileage will go ^ and maybe this was causing my shitty steering when it comes to bumps

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Did you get a new carrier for the front? 3.55s and 4.10s have a different carrier. Why are you bothering with the old carrier?
                  Last edited by Magilla; 07-31-2010, 03:04 PM.
                  1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                  2001 wj tbd
                  1974 5 ton

Comment

I haven't seen about having to use a diff carrier, i got these
                    http://www.ringpinion.com/ProductDet...px?ProdID=3000

The gear itself says 4:10, but the box says 4:11, the rears were the same thing

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Dana 30
                      Case Changes: low 3.73 & down, High 3.92 & up
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

Ahh, balls.

Edit: a buddy dan who is also on the forums just so happens to have a carrier that had 3:73's on it that he's gonna give me tomorrow
                        Last edited by LittleD; 07-31-2010, 05:11 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
                          Ahh, balls.

Edit: a buddy dan who is also on the forums just so happens to have a carrier that had 3:73's on it that he's gonna give me tomorrow
                          When you get it check the carrier to see if the mounting base for the ring gear is moved toward the driver side at all, if not you still have a high ratio carrier, meaning dont use it.
                          01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by iant333 View Post
                            When you get it check the carrier to see if the mounting base for the ring gear is moved toward the driver side at all, if not you still have a high ratio carrier, meaning dont use it.
                            his jeep had 3:73 from the factory, but ill make sure to check

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Said pics of tires, ended up getting them for free so . getting them mounted and balanced on sat so ill get pics of them on

Got a new air compressor. It's a 60 gallon 230v cambell hausfield or however you spell it. Now i can paint the jeep
                              Last edited by LittleD; 08-11-2010, 07:44 PM.

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

What happened with your gears?
                                01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X