No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The stock tires will more than likely hide the death wobble. The big tires will find any play anywhere and make death wobble. I was gonna ask you about the caster, def look into that

Comment

• When my red jeep had DW it was the same problem. Caster fixed it
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

• I checked my caster and it was sitting around 10-10.5*.... WAYY off what it was suppose to be.....

I knocked it down to about 7... hard to get it to 6.5 with how small the marks are on the angle finder...

The jeep was 100% more drivable. Before it would happen at random anywhere from 5-30 mph and could never take it about 30. I test drove it about 2 -3 miles around the block at speeds up to 60 and it was SOO much better . Still got death wobble once and a minor shake but NOTHING close to what I was experiencing before. Its quiting time for me today, dinner and boozing it up tonight but tomorrow im gonna knock another .5-1* out of the caster, get the toe in dialed in and it should be good to go. Tighten everything in the front suspension and a couple other odds and ends and ill be driving it to work friday. Feels so good to have this problem figured out.

Comment

• Parting it out

Comment

• For serious?
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• Can I get my bumper back? I miss it
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

• lol. how much for front shocks? those were 10 inch travel, right? still good?
                Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                some people choose video games
                some choose projects
                some choose welding random things together

Comment

• wow why are you parting it?
                  Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• Front axle?
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• CREEPIES!?
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• Frames tweaked, front doors wont go back on, there isnt a straight panel on the thing, and its just basically destroyed. It used to be SOO nice and now its beat to shit and that makes me sad, I just want to start over on something new and fix all my errors that I didnt learn from when I built it the first time.

Ive got a couple ideas with what im doing here.

First one is to get a comanche ( i got a line on one right now for 500 bucks ) and swap over everything. Engine, axles, tranny, interior, EVERYTHING). Total frame up resto of the MJ though. Sandblast frame & undercarriage , POR 15 everything. Body work & paint ( matching Paint to my Blue Wrangler ) . While I have everything apart, redo my steering on my front axle, add hydro assist, plate the entire frame, armor, the works. Make this thing one bitching Jeep Pickup.

Option 2 is to by a Dual-Sport street legal dirtbike with the money I get parting it out. KTM or something nice

Option 3 is to go get my private pilots license with the money and start another expensive hobby.

Comment

• sorry to hear it mike

hope you stay in the wheeling game
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

• One of the hard things too is, I have no body to go wheeling with around here really. And lack of wheeling spots doesnt really help. I dont think im done with wheeling, id really like to get that MJ. Just need some motivation and to get out there and just wheel a few times and ill be right back in it. My buddy loves my jeep and is selling his dirt bike to build some sort of rig so Ill have someone else locally who wants to go.

Comment

• May build that manche and go easy on it, save some cash and go for a dualsport for a few reasons.
                              Any hobbies you go with will be espensive bottom line is you need to go easy on things if you're on a budget/tired of bulding different rigs because yours gets destroyed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                                CREEPIES!?
                                I second this motion!
                                2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Working...
                                X