No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the stickiness of a tire has more to do with breaking shit personally. An old school BFG would be less likely to blow shit up than a brandy new creepie in my mind.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

• i feel the 2 inch difference is a bigger deal than you would think. think about 33's on a d30 vs 35's. 35's break that axle wayyyy more often. seems like 35's in the breaking point of a d30, 37's are the breaking point of a d44. i think 35" creepies would actually turn out to be a more capable or comperable rig than 37's
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Only reason I wanted to step up to 37s is it would bring my RPM's down a lot on the highway. 35s and 513s and i was running around 2400 on the high way

i run about 3 grand at 75 mph.

anywho.

all my 44 ever really broke was outer axle shafts. i did break some off brand u joints and piece of shit yukon shafts, one which took out the detroit.

anyway. it's gettin 38" creepies because the price was right.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• Not a whole lot of updates as far as pics go... got a new house with a garage so plenty of room for tools and tearing the jeep apart.

Gettin the rear axle mocked up. Gotta cut off the old spring perches and weld new ones on, and new shock mounts. Brakes are good to go, and now ill finally have some working ebrakes that I didnt have before so long as I can figure out how to hook them up to my existing e brake cables.

New 44 thats going under it, out of an isuzu. 5.13s and locked... pretty much the same axle that I had before only slightly narrower, but have spacers to match the width of the front.

Check out the ring gear that came out of my old 44.... pretty fucked. Every tooth was like this, as well as on the pinion

Comment

• nice bumper, give it back
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• no way, i love that thing

Comment

• well I pulled the trigger on a smoking deal for some 37x14.50 creepies. Picked up 5 of em. Damnn

Next up, alloys all around

http://eastcoastgearsupply.com/i-128...-wagoneer.html

and probably will have some custom length alloys made up from moser because I doubt there are any aftermarket shafts for the isuzu 44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  well I pulled the trigger on a smoking deal for some 37x14.50 creepies.
                  "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                    Ex tew
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• 5 of these bad boys showed up today....

Comment

• Sick Rims.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• lol no rims in the pic

Comment

• No shit.
                            sigpic
                            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Gonna try and mount them myself next week but im 1 week into 2 straight weeks of work, 12 hour shifts and just dont have the time or energy to mount these when I get off work.

Brought my beadlock rings into work tonight though and media blasted and cleaned em up ready for a repaint.

Comment

• do not install the beadlock rings with an air ratchet !!! oh ...and gay tires
                                88 manche-96 4.0 OBDII 5in 35's-new bumper..parked
                                ..............back under construction...
                                96 2door donor....
                                94 yj 4.0 5 sp .... dd only mods no track or sway bars

Comment

Working...
                                X