No announcement yet.

Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha i learned my lesson last time with the air ratchet.... this time ill use an impact gun haha

Comment

• what happened last time?
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        what happened last time?
        If I know air ratchets, I bet he smashed his fuckin hand.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

• pinched the bead un equally and wouldn't seal right? kept leaking air?
          1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
          2001 wj tbd
          1974 5 ton

Comment

• it kinda warped the beadlock ring. IIRC they are only suppose to be torqued down to 15-20 ftlbs or some shit like that, and I put wayy more than that.

Comment

• You over torqued them with an air ratchet and you are now going to use an impact gun???

That makes sense.
              2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
              • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
              • 4.0/42rle/np241or
              • 5.13's
              • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
              • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• I guess you didnt pick up on my sarcasm

Comment

• You gotta use a damn smileface for sarcasm... i thought errybody knew that.

Looks decent... and by decent I mean sick nasty.
                  2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                  • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                  • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                  • 5.13's
                  • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                  • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    it kinda warped the beadlock ring. IIRC they are only suppose to be torqued down to 15-20 ftlbs or some shit like that, and I put wayy more than that.
                    This i did to one of mine too. I still use an impact gun to tighten mine up but i just take it easy. It just takes a year and a half to use a torque wrench (this requires many klondike bars). I got some cheap V-belts and put them on the opposite side of the bolts to act as anti-coning rings Dunno if you have this or not
                    2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

• Are you going to put the 33 spline detroit in the new axle?
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Sold it on pirate for what I paid for it. My new rear axle came locked with an aussie, and even if it didnt, I doubt that that isuzu rears are 33 spline. Would have had to get custom shafts made up.

I made a bunch of progress today, stripped the rear axle, got off all the old brackets, wire wheeled it. Started mock up for where the new perches are gonna go. Will burn those on tomorrow and paint the axle. 4 of the Creepies are mounted to the beadlocks. The 5th I gotta bring to a tire shop since its just a regular wheel.

If everything goes as planned, ill get the rear axle in, bleed the brakes and it will be driveable tomorrow. Then next weekend ( Tuesday, Wed, Thursday) Ill start tearing into more stuff. Rebuild the front steering, hydro assist, new hubs, and other misc stuff. Ill be DDing this thing probably until summer or whenever I fix my camaro.

Pics later
                        Last edited by Mike; 03-02-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• pretty nutty to think that my tires + wheels cost more than my entire jeep did when I bought it. Ha.

Comment

• Anyway, some pics of the progress...

This was the first time ive really had to center an axle and set a pinion angle on my own, it came out pretty decent for my first try. My buddy steve was there and had a second set of eyes on everything before we burned it on.

Im by no means a good welder, I just really started this week, but I practiced before hand and these came out decent for my first attempt, they arent the prettiest welds but they will hold it just fine.

Better pic of the tires and rims.... wish my beadlocks were wider, they are only 8 inches wide. Kind of give the tires a "ballon"ish look to em, oh well.

Painted

Comment

• lookin good just my tires costed more than twice my jeep
                              Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• Finally after 2 months and an axle swap, the jeep is back on all 4s and moving under its own power.

Callin it quits for the night, didnt plumb the brakes yet and didnt put the shocks on either. Got work in the morning and I need to take a break from this thing. Should be back on the road driving again come Tuesday hopefully.

Will definitely need to cut some more fender if I dont want to rub.

Comment

Working...
                                X