Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chromo shafts????

dana 44, standard tranny, i see boom boom coming

ohhh and mounting tires on beadlocks sucks, it takes forever and i just don't wanna do it.
    Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 03-03-2011, 09:27 PM.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Ordering alloys for the front.

Rear not so much worried about. My buddy had this same axle, they mic'ed the shafts they are as thick as a 14b shaft. Ill carry a spare just to be safe though.

Sam has a pretty similar setup and had minimal breakage. We will see how it goes. Gonna have so start wheelin like a pansy. No full throttle attacks.

What does having a manual have to do with anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

What does having a manual have to do with anything?
        i assume shock load
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          i assume shock load
          i was always under the impression that the torque converter for an automatic acted more like a "cushion" for the drivetrain and soaked up some of the axle snapping nut let out through a standard. guess you can still have a light foot though.

14b is 1.5" dude they are fawking huge, my 35 spline 60 chromos are the same size as stock 14b stuff.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• looks pretty damn good mike

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Got the brakes all setup in the thing, took it for a drive today. Disappointment ensued. Crazy Crazy deathwobble, worst ive ever experienced. Anywhere from 5-35 mph, at complete randomness. If I cut the wheel left to right real quick, pretty much instant deathwobble. Im really hoping its because I didnt balance the tires... I havent changed anything in my suspension and had 0 death wobble issues on the 35s that were balanced with BB's, so im really hoping its a quick fix, just get the tires balanced and ill be good to go. They are heavy as fuck and arent the most round tires ever so Im hoping thats it. My tracbar is tight as fuck so ive pretty much ruled that out.

One good thing that came out of tonight though.... my brake pedal is stiff as fuck compared to my old brake setup. Pedal use to go right to the floor, now its real stiff.
              Last edited by Mike; 03-04-2011, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                i was always under the impression that the torque converter for an automatic acted more like a "cushion" for the drivetrain and soaked up some of the axle snapping nut let out through a standard. guess you can still have a light foot though.

22% power loss.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• those are pretty big tires to have unbalanced lol. i hope balancing them fixes the problem. it would make sense that that would be the issue seeing as you havent messed with the suspension..
                  Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• http://www.innovativebalancing.com/BigTirechart.htm

Used this chart to balance my tires....

Called for 8 oz, I used 10 oz just to be safe.

I dont think its my tires causing the death wobble.

Death wobble is extremely bad. Not just a light shake, but the whole wheel/tire moving in either direction -/+ 4 inches back and fourth. I tightened everything in the front end, tracbar, tracbar bracket, pitman arm, drag link, tie rod, lower and upper control arms, lug nuts. I am out of ideas. The thing is un drivable and I have no idea how to fix it....

Any ideas?

Only thing I need to try tomorrow is im gonna put some stock tires on there and see if I still get it. Only way ill be able to rule out the tires.....

Comment

• ball joints? thats what causing mine. I hit 30 mph, and if i dont accelerate hard during the shaking, i get dw.
                      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

• Jacked up the front end, rocked the wheel, couldnt feel much play from the ball joints.

Comment

• I had my kevlars balanced with 10oz of BBs and i replaced all my TREs and got a new track bar. still had death wobble. I balanced them with normal weights and it went away. just something I experienced and to think about.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Jacked up the front end, rocked the wheel, couldnt feel much play from the ball joints.
                            jack it up a little, get a long pry bar and shove it under the tire. Pry on it with that and have someone watch for wiggle. Wobbling by hand isn't as effective.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

• Put it on the ground have someone turn the wheel check for anything moving.
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Looking like it might be an issue with caster being incorrect. Should be able to adjust it with my TNT long arms. Will investigate tomorrow. Also throwing on some 30" stock tires that came off my buddies yota to see if its a tire issue or just an issue with my jeep....

Comment

Working...
                                X