My 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Tow Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
    andrews (cumminsjeep) cummins is the same year. hes got a lot of motor work done and if you have any questions ask him. keep up the good work
    Thanks, yea I PMed him one time or something, he definately has a lot done... More than I need for towing, but it is a sweet truck. I am just stoked to have my favorite color and no rust
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
      I know that's how a lot of rigs come, like i said i don't have a lot of experience with towing, but a new set of leafs would make me feel better. If he's replacing a lot of rusty shit on the rig i figured why not get rid of some stock rusty springs and blocks.

I definately see your point, however I want to keep the suspension how it is. The truck is setup with some aftermarket heavy duty bumpstops (almost like an airbag) that utilize brackets that are cast into the blocks; I definately want to keep them. Furthermore, I personally have never had a problem with blocks.
      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
        I definately see your point, however I want to keep the suspension how it is. The truck is setup with some aftermarket heavy duty bumpstops (almost like an airbag) that utilize brackets that are cast into the blocks; I definately want to keep them. Furthermore, I personally have never had a problem with blocks.
        Sounds good man, i've always wanted a cummins. If i ever need a rig to tow i'll offer you some money

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
          Sounds good man, i've always wanted a cummins. If i ever need a rig to tow i'll offer you some money
          Haha, well I already have more time into sanding the frame than I wanted to spend on everything.... So I guess I'm saying I'll probably have more time and money into the truck then it's worth. Then again it is pretty enjoyable time spent... I guess thats why I don't own a TV
          1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

looks like i got some competition hahah jk sweet truck man. and yes if you have any questions ill do my best to answer them

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

as for quick, easy and cheap upgrades, get yourself a fuel plate(look at TST products I always had awesome service there and quick delivery.) also I would get an intake and exhaust, and a boost elbow to allow more boost. AFE intakes are great and cheap and I have an MBRP exhaust is good stuff. I actually have a 4" single straight pipe MBRP exhaust sittin at home if you are interested. I had it on for like 3 months before I put the stack on mine. I think I have the muffler back section of it.

Comment

didn't u see his stacks!
                1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                1999 sierra
                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                  didn't u see his stacks!
                  yes

Comment

looks like you got your hands full. but should turn out looking good
                    4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                      as for quick, easy and cheap upgrades, get yourself a fuel plate(look at TST products I always had awesome service there and quick delivery.) also I would get an intake and exhaust, and a boost elbow to allow more boost. AFE intakes are great and cheap and I have an MBRP exhaust is good stuff. I actually have a 4" single straight pipe MBRP exhaust sittin at home if you are interested. I had it on for like 3 months before I put the stack on mine. I think I have the muffler back section of it.
                      I think my truck has a plate in it already. It is quicker than my friends stock 12 valve and it looks the the screws on the pump have been removed judging by the paint. My truck came with a 4" MBRP, I am going to use the 4" downpipe with the stacks. I am buying a set of the 215hp factory injectors (97-98 5 speed trucks) as an upgrade over my stock 160s. The person I am buying them from said he dynoed around 330 hp 640lb/ft (i forget the actual numbers) with those injectors and a fuel plate and the EGTs weren't too bad, but he upgraded to the 370s. Other than that I was going to get an intake, and of course I took the silencer ring out of my turbo.

The boost elbow you are talking about, it is the one that come with the fuel plate that threads into the pump? Do you know how it creates more boost?
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by Capt. Crunch View Post
                        looks like you got your hands full. but should turn out looking good
                        I took the doors off tonight and started cutting the rockers and cab corners out. Shit is everywhere
                        1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Here is a pictoral update of what I have done this past week. As you can see in the pics I am not using the entire cab corner. Its coming along, finally i have a rot free truck... now I just need to put it back together

1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

lookin good mang
                            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

dude i love the red interior!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                                dude i love the red interior!!!
                                Haha yea its a classic. I had a parts truck with a grey interior but I never pulled it and sold the truck. Oh well, I think black with red interior will be pretty cool
                                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                                X