My 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel Tow Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
    Great job Owen i love Dodge trucks, its nice to see the resto to stock like this. Good luck finding a new job, you deserve a good one.
    Thanks, I hope so. I have been working part time driving trucks again and I have a few job interviews lined up for next week.

Here are some pictures from this weekend. I am a little farther now but forgot to take more

new E brake cable

I am putting the fenders back on before I send it for be painted, so that it can be started and driven (battery trays sit on the fenderwells). I had to smooth, prime and paint the welds that are covered by the fender/door. I didnt bother with bondo because this spot isnt too visible.

painted the inner part of the fender semi-flat black with Krylon industrial tough coat. Awesome paint that I used on welders at my old job, but I have never seen it in stores.

Put the tank back in - it was pretty heavy with a half tank of fuel still in it!

I have a some more done at this point and I will have some more pics up soon
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

great pics man, good write up too.

Comment

Now for me to find my tow rig and start all the fun mods that go along

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
          Now for me to find my tow rig and start all the fun mods that go along
          Yea it all about your budget and intentions. Some people want a tow rig/daily driver/comfort cruiser. Example would be buying a 3rd gen Dodge Cummins that gets a legit 20 MPG, doesn't need work and has all the modern bells and wistles

Some people are on a budget and just tow a few times a year with it... An older Chevy or Ford gas job will do the trick

I am somewhere in the middle. I always buy something for a lower price knowing I can make it exactly what I want, and that is what I am doing here, except not buying an ATS transmission (yet).
          1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

yeah im prlly getting an older ford or dodge gas rig

Comment

yea i barely tow with mine until I have a tow rig....i just am big into diesel performance

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

im contemplating getting a m1008 for a tow rig, they can be had really cheap, easy as anyhting to work on has 4.56 gears stock dana 60 and 14 bolt detroit in the rear..... gets about 16 mpg

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                  Yea it all about your budget and intentions. Some people want a tow rig/daily driver/comfort cruiser. Example would be buying a 3rd gen Dodge Cummins that gets a legit 20 MPG, doesn't need work and has all the modern bells and wistles

Some people are on a budget and just tow a few times a year with it... An older Chevy or Ford gas job will do the trick

I am somewhere in the middle. I always buy something for a lower price knowing I can make it exactly what I want, and that is what I am doing here, except not buying an ATS transmission (yet).
                  oh man I love ATS. My friend has one in his powerjoke, best shifting auto I've ever driven.
                  1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by XJtheXtremeJeep View Post
                    im contemplating getting a m1008 for a tow rig, they can be had really cheap, easy as anyhting to work on has 4.56 gears stock dana 60 and 14 bolt detroit in the rear..... gets about 16 mpg
                    Yeah they are pretty cool, the only thing to consider is the top speed with 4.56s... I know those trucks have TH400's which means no OD.

Both fenders are back on the truck, doors are on temporarily. I started it today and pulled it outside to sweep the floor.

Unfortunately the telescoping lense on my digital camera is somehow stuck so its not working. I might not have any pics up for a while
                    1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Ok, new (to me) camera and some more pics. The truck is ready to go to my friends paint shop. He is going to do the bondo work and sand and paint it.

1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Looks sick dude, cant wait to see it all done, so many of these get used and abused but never rebuilt like this.
                        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

ATS makes pretty good transmissions. however, if you are going to go with a trans i highly recommend goerend or suncoast over ATS

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                            ATS makes pretty good transmissions. however, if you are going to go with a trans i highly recommend goerend or suncoast over ATS
                            yeah my other friend with a cummins has a suncoast. It's pretty manly.
                            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                            1999 sierra
                            1967 M725 Big and Slow
                            -Dan

Comment

yea they are beefy. I saw a 5000 dollar ATS go boom at the track last year. no bueno. granted he was running 12.6 in the quarter in a common rail

Comment

having bagley paint it?

Comment

Working...
                                X