ATTN: William Gentile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
    im sorry...honestly, i probably will vote for science, because it's something that is straight up fact, and is easy to understand and believe. religion involves too much 'belief' and explanation and it's something that was forced on me when i was younger (i had to take religious education classes to make my communion & confirmation, probably like many other people on here) so it was ingrained in my head at a young age...but like i said, science makes a lot more sense.
    I also had to go through confirmation until my priest decided to get violent with me because I couldnt remember the stupid commandments and I left. DOWN WITH THE MAN!

and nicole I dont hate you for whatever you believe, i just throughly enjoy this debate.
    You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
      I voted Religion, because its how I was raised and was taught to believe in, and for no other reason. Im catholic and thats just what I believe. Sure science is a great thing, but if you cant believe in a higher power or whatever, and have nothing to look forward to "after life" , then that would suck.
      I was raised catholic as well, talk about some boring dry stuff... but you bring no good arguement to the table that there is some truth to religion either except you are scared of what the after life is...

I got news for you mike, its boring nothingness. You take a veryyyyyyy long nap and never wake up.. it might scare you, but trust me.. you wont even notice.

The plus side to this is you wont bump in to my dumbass in heaven

Comment

• Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
        I also had to go through confirmation until my priest decided to get violent with me because I couldnt remember the stupid commandments and I left. DOWN WITH THE MAN!

and nicole I dont hate you for whatever you believe, i just throughly enjoy this debate.
        i can just picture you walking out on a priest

haha im not worried about you hating me, william on the other hand...he might beat my ass if i vote religion
        mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
        2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
        and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Religion was engrained in my childhood very much and that is why I turned away from it. I found too many faults with Religion in the Roman Catholic and Irish Catholic Teachings.

In Religion, you have deicions based on emotion. What God wants, how much God loves you: All emotion and those emotions can skew your view and stray you from the path of truth.

I'm not saying Science is truth, but as I said before, Science can be proved wrong and it does get proved wrong over and over.

If it wasn't for Religion, we would have realized the Earth was wrong thousands and Years ago.

Think of all the people massacred because they were Witches. How many people died on a stake above a fire because someone called them a Witch or a Wizard and it went against God. Too much Bullshit for me.

I never got confirmed in the Roman Catholic Church like everyone else, I didn't care. My Family was taken back by my decision, I know the consequences and you know what, I'll live.

Where will I go when I die? I'll figure that out when I get there.
          Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 11-03-2009, 04:48 PM.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• the plane will take off
            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• i do not believe in any sort of organized religion. personal beliefs are all well and good but going to a service built by people, forced to act upon rules derived from people, out of a book written by people and persecuted by people for not following their law just doesn't sit well with me. whether it be catholic, jewish, muslim, buddhist or any other, i will believe what i want, not what i'm told
              I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
                the plane will take off
                The treadmill will crash.
                sigpic
                Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Aw my insides are fuzzy I am surrounded by such noble people. Except you mike, you never stop failiing me

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I voted Religion, because its how I was raised and was taught to believe in, and for no other reason. Im catholic and thats just what I believe. Sure science is a great thing, but if you cant believe in a higher power or whatever, and have nothing to look forward to "after life" , then that would suck.
                    Why would that suck? Is there something wrong with enjoying the life you have?
                    You're a ___________

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                      i do not believe in any sort of organized religion. personal beliefs are all well and good but going to a service built by people, forced to act upon rules derived from people, out of a book written by people and persecuted by people for not following their law just doesn't sit well with me. whether it be catholic, jewish, muslim, buddhist or any other, i will believe what i want, not what i'm told

Bingo. Science for me.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                        Aw my insides are fuzzy I am surrounded by such noble people. Except you mike, you never stop failiing me
                        to att william gentile this goes
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                          Think of all the people massacred because they were Witches. How many people died on a stake above a fire because someone called them a Witch or a Wizard and it went against God. Too much Bullshit for me.
                          You forgot the crusades, the spanish inquisition, Israel/Palestine, fundamentalist Muslim terrorism, the IRA, Sunni/Shia........the list is endless.
                          You're a ___________

Comment

• oh btw

i vote skyence
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                              to att william gentile this goes
                              told you codyyyy hahah
                              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                                oh btw

i vote skyence
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X