No announcement yet.

Project: Back in the game 4 under $1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mounted a set of racing seats in the jeep.... got em fo fweeee... they are "tuner" seats outta my buddys s10 but they are really nice and super comfortable, they have openings for a 5 point which i will eventually rig up and "wings" if you will that like hold you into the seat for extra safety doorless ... i cut the stock seats off the beackets and welded them to the new seats...

pics tmr in the daylight...
    #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• BUMPERS.....

purchased 125lbs of steel from Logan for $95 bucks. like 30dollhairs in grade8 hardware and 40dollhairs for 2 2" reciever hitches, shackles and a tow hook...

the recievers are welded threw the bumper front and rear. the front bumper is held on with frame tie-ins and the rear is on the factory mounts with tie-ins in the frame rail like a trailer hitch would be.

Last edited by JoeNitro; 04-03-2010, 06:02 PM.
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• you NEED to tie in that rear bumper or it WILL come off with any force applied to it.

otherwise, looks good. simply and does the job.

Comment

• you might want to look into tieing the rear bumper in more.
          2000 XJ with goodies soon to be in pieces
          1999 XJ will get most of the 2000XJ doodads.

Comment

• the rear bumper is tiedin with nut strips in the rail that are bolted threw where a hitch would be and is welded to the underside and back of the rear bumper....

ill get pic of this after its all on and done i ran out of daylight and energy after 11 hours of cutting and welding metal....
            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• noice noice..not bad for a $90 welder!
              98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

• dude... do not tell me you are running flux core on steel that thick......

tell me you did at least two passes on crucial or stress bearing seams??
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
                  dude... do not tell me you are running flux core on steel that thick......

tell me you did at least two passes on crucial or stress bearing seams??
                  What's the issue with fluxcore? I know on my machine I can get better penetration through thick stuff usin the flux vs solid
                  dirty30

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                    What's the issue with fluxcore? I know on my machine I can get better penetration through thick stuff usin the flux vs solid
                    X2, I def see better penitration with flux core. In fact, my welder say that it requires multiple passes with a tank, but not with flux core on 1/4 and 5/16
                    Last edited by Bigbike; 04-07-2010, 10:30 AM.
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                      this suprises me. I hate flux core with a passion, i can never get the kind of heat i want from it, i always end up having to run multiple passes.

even with the spool of it laying around, if i run out of gas, i won't switch over to finish what i'm doing, i'll go and get more gas.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                        X2, I def see better penitration with flux core. In fact, my welder say that it requires multiple passes with a tank, but not with flux core on 1/4 and 5/16
                        really?? see i never have a problem with when i'm using gas, as long as i get my setting right. usually on larger stuff like 1/4, i run a much higher amperage setting and turn the wire speed down alittle bit, normally around 30 and run nice and slow and i get pretty sweet penetration.

Also, gas welds come out prettier. lol.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

• after this weekend this jeep is fawking toast... so much unibody destruction.... i think its going to get ripped apart and switched over to the new body sooner than later....

just gotta get long arms firstest....
                          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• oh hey....

whats this...

my new jeep? Why yes, yes it is.......
                            #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                              this suprises me. I hate flux core with a passion, i can never get the kind of heat i want from it, i always end up having to run multiple passes.

even with the spool of it laying around, if i run out of gas, i won't switch over to finish what i'm doing, i'll go and get more gas.
                              try reversing the polarity (to straight polarity(DCEN)) when you switch to flux core (-) to the electrode (gun) + to the ground clamp

.... I know that red jeep
                              1950 Willys Trail Rig
                              2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
                                oh hey....

whats this...

my new jeep? Why yes, yes it is.......
                                I see snow.

Pics of it in your possession are required. Try again.

Comment

Working...
                                X