Project: Back in the game 4 under $1k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
    the cross member itself is not welded to the unibody. the t-case skid i made is welded to the crossmember and off that i have a small maybe 2" wide pice of 3/16" welded to the body for supporting the back of the t-case skid...

so technically i guss you could say it is but..... why, is this bad?
    You made it so that you can't remove your crossmember.

I guess it would work fine if you planned on grinding the weld everytime you needed to remove it, and then rewelded it after you're done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      How think is that skidplate?
      thick enough.... 5/16" i think idk

its better than nothing at all.... and it was free.
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
        You made it so that you can't remove your crossmember.

I guess it would work fine if you planned on grinding the weld everytime you needed to remove it, and then rewelded it after you're done.
        oh yea well i know that... but i have no intentions of removeing it haha this jeep only has to last me till like sept oct then im buying another one and switchin all my shit over so...
        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• my plan is to buy another like 5-800 $ shell by the end of fall and switch it all over because i know if i wait for this one to die it will die mid winter and im NOT doing it all in the snow AGAIN.....
          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

my plan is to buy another like 5-800 $ shell by the end of fall and switch it all over because i know if i wait for this one to die it will die mid winter and im NOT doing it all in the snow AGAIN.....
            I can see you're attending the Sam McIntyre school of unibody destruction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
              I can see you're attending the Sam McIntyre school of unibody destruction.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• this motor has 185k and the rear main leaks so bad you can watch the oil pressure drop on the higway as you drive... it has not one solid clean spot on it... the rockers are the bottom of my doors SO.....
                #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• Sucks I just cut one up today.

RM

Comment

• joe why not look for another xj and have it sit there until this one completely dies, then you can run it for all shes worth

Comment

• Contrary to popular belief, your coolness level isn't affected by the number of XJ's you go through in a lifetime.
                      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                        joe why not look for another xj and have it sit there until this one completely dies, then you can run it for all shes worth
                        like i said my luck it will die in the absolute most inconvieniant location and right in the middle of jan when its -10* and i dont want to be outside swappin jeep parts in that....
                        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• Originally posted by Riot View Post
                          Contrary to popular belief, your coolness level isn't affected by the number of XJ's you go through in a lifetime.
                          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• take a weekend and get a rearmain seal and pop one in

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                              take an hour and get a rearmain seal and pop one in
                              fixed
                              Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                              some people choose video games
                              some choose projects
                              some choose welding random things together

Comment

my plan is to buy another like 5-800 $ shell by the end of fall and switch it all over because i know if i wait for this one to die it will die mid winter and im NOT doing it all in the snow AGAIN.....
                                xj's... they are disposable
                                "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                                X