Mikes Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Frames tweaked, front doors wont go back on, there isnt a straight panel on the thing, and its just basically destroyed. It used to be SOO nice and now its beat to shit and that makes me sad, I just want to start over on something new and fix all my errors that I didnt learn from when I built it the first time.

that can be fixed. my a and b pillars partially collapsed from just regular wheeling, no rolls or anything. plate up all the cracks and weld the doors in place!

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
    I second this motion!

your rig requires 37" creepies
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• I thought he had creepies?
      P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
      2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
      OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Its being parted out first week in february.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/pts/2775921399.html

If anyone wants anything small or large let me know. Small stuff I wouldnt have a problem shipping. Larger stuff id rather not ship. If someone was serious about axles or something, I would be willing to meet half way (MD/Southern Jersey). Pretty much all the other stuff ( shocks, long arms, lift parts, ect ) have been inquired about locally. I havent had a bite on the axles or tires yet.

I wont be out of wheeling for ever, this is just a means to me getting out of credit card debt. The XJ is too far gone to try and repair and I just cant justify spending any more money on it, and I just dont wheel it enough to keep it. Im trying to buy a house and getting my finances under control and paying off all my debts is the first step to get there. Im re-uping with the USAF and getting a pretty large bonus (40 grand) come September. My buddy has a pair of 79 F250 D60s that he will sell me for dirt cheap. My plan is building up a YJ similar to Pete's.

Comment

• arent f250s going to have a 44 front?

Comment

• I went and picked them up with him. They are the desirable late 70s HPD60 front . Not sure if its from a 250 or what. I just know they are the ones everyone trys and gets.

Comment

• could you get me a quote on everything i would need to convert my auto xj to 5-speed (trans, flywheel, master cyl. and hardware, slave cylinder, clutch pedal and hardware/ brackets, and if you have stock rear d-shaft)

Comment

• Honestly its not worth it. 400 bucks you can have everything you want for a 5 speed swap off my jeep but I live about 600+ miles south of you. Youd have to come pull off all the shit yourself because I have no motivation to pull master cylinders and and slave and pedals, I was gonna just pull the tranny and sell that, scrap the whole body. Theres no way im shipping this stuff and honestly, unless you really really really NEED to have a standard, it probably isnt worth it. Its SOO much of an asspain to do the swap. Theres a write up on jeep forum for someone who did it though. Im parting it out NEXT weekend the 3rd - 5th. After that the body is going to the junkyard.

Comment

• RIP Jeep 1997-2012. You lived a good life.

All parts are basically gone...

Comment

• what next?
                    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

• x2^
                      -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

• what a shame... aside from the front fenders the body doesn't look all that bad. edit* never mind it had structual problems...
                        Last edited by clean4drxj; 02-14-2012, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• The rear unibody was tweaked from when I landed on my hitch hard at rausch. The front door was so fucked it wouldnt go back on ever....

There really wasnt a whole lot of damage... all the damage in that last pic was me and my roommate taking a baseball bat to it after we parted it out. There wasnt a whole lot of body damage on it from wheelin.

Comment

• As far as whats next. All the parts are pretty much gone. I made about 5500+ bucks off all the parts. Wiped out all my credit card debt. Trying to buy a house and do the grown up thing so being debt free and getting rid of the jeep was a big step towards doing that. Im very tempted to get another toy though, a boat or a motorcycle. Ive got deployments coming up and a huge reenlistment bonus so that will dictate what happens next.

I dont want to get completely out of jeeps. I have a 2011 JK that id like to do a small lift and 35s on. I also wouldnt mind getting an older YJ and throwing some tons under it. We will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              As far as whats next. All the parts are pretty much gone. I made about 5500+ bucks off all the parts. Wiped out all my credit card debt. Trying to buy a house and do the grown up thing so being debt free and getting rid of the jeep was a big step towards doing that. Im very tempted to get another toy though, a boat or a motorcycle. Ive got deployments coming up and a huge reenlistment bonus so that will dictate what happens next.

I dont want to get completely out of jeeps. I have a 2011 JK that id like to do a small lift and 35s on. I also wouldnt mind getting an older YJ and throwing some tons under it. We will see.
                              Sounds like a decent plan, the best thing in this given economy is to have little to no debt. I sold all my toys but... there's plenty more out there.
                              Sometimes the best/cheapest thing to do is to buy something already built and improve on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X