xj's gonna get a makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan.
    2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
    www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• those pictures do it nooooooo justice . did your wife get one from all the way at the bottom looking up? i would like to see that one
      -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
      -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
      -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
      -57 GMC Pickup
      -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
        those pictures do it nooooooo justice . did your wife get one from all the way at the bottom looking up? i would like to see that one
        no, her phone died while I was up there.
        BTW if you wanted the axles when would you be ready to buy them? Looking at a set of waggy 44's......
        Dan.
        2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
          no, her phone died while I was up there.
          BTW if you wanted the axles when would you be ready to buy them? Looking at a set of waggy 44's......
          i will pm you
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• ok. Im honestly on the fence about selling them. Especially after this weekend. It works so well how it sits, and on 35's. The only thing I keep gonig back to is more gear, locking hubs, and bigger brakes. Id really like 5.13-5.38's with the 35's.
            Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

ok. Im honestly on the fence about selling them. Especially after this weekend. It works so well how it sits, and on 35's. The only thing I keep gonig back to is more gear, locking hubs, and bigger brakes. Id really like 5.13-5.38's with the 35's.

just keep me posted the message wound up on facebook but either way im not looking to make a move right away haha
              -57 GMC Pickup
              -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• Feeding stuff through the tubing notcher makes it to easy haha. I cant wait to get this new jeep done so i can get out there. Not that I couldnt still take the black jeep but knowing what this new jeep is going to be I dont even feel like taking it out haha.
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

• Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                  Feeding stuff through the tubing notcher makes it to easy haha. I cant wait to get this new jeep done so i can get out there. Not that I couldnt still take the black jeep but knowing what this new jeep is going to be I dont even feel like taking it out haha.
                  Haha, I think you should come out to middletown with the black jeep one more time and hit the spot i did, that when if it goes on its side it wont matter lol
                  Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Haha, I think you should come out to middletown with the black jeep one more time and hit the spot i did, that when if it goes on its side it wont matter lol
                    i agree!!!!!
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• I guess its time for an update.
                      I havent done too much. I got my rear shock hoops done, new progressive bumps out back.
                      Im going to be knocking out a few of the bigger projects in the next couple weeks though.
                      These are the bumps I used out back

got Armands old rear bumper on and tied in

and wheeled it

Then I went and picked these up, which I hope to have mounted in the next couple days. Then I will order 2 new ones to replace the worn 2.

I had been planning to run reid racing knuckles with 44 outers. Have most of the parts then found out that the 6-5 lug adapters dont fit over the locking hub, and Im not buying new rims, and rear adapters etc. So I decided to ditch the idea and run wj knuckles, I dont get locking hubs or real wheel bearings, but I get big brakes and crossover steering, and it will be easier to service axles. So not ideal for what I wanted but will still take care of one of the biggest issues, the brakes.
                      I am also trying to figure out how to run big rear brakes on the 8.25. I want to run weld on brackets with 1/2 ton calipers but cant come up with a rotor that is thick enough. I may try a crown vic, but its almost 1/4" narrow for what the calipers are intended for. so we will see what happens with that.
                      Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Moar brakes are needed

Comment

• Got my tires mounted today. Looks pretty good. I am waiting on 2 new tires and a new rim.

Last edited by ct67_72; 05-06-2012, 09:59 PM.
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• what size are they?
                            2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                            97' zj
                            2012 surbra imperza DD
                            im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

• 36x13.5x15 bias.
                              By the end of the week hopefully I will have my wj knuckles sorted out and installed with the wj brakes and 1.5" dom steering.
                              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

• Nice looking forward to wheeling with you sometime
                                2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                                97' zj
                                2012 surbra imperza DD
                                im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Working...
                                X