Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Damn. Please keep it that nice. Please?
    Fine had to replace the rack with another rola since it was rotted. Got almost 5 years out of the original, but it's been bad for awhile. Was tired of rust dripping on the sunroof. Also ordered a new front driveshaft from Carolina to eliminate the vibes I had left. I screwed this one at Rausch a few trips back knocking it outta whack a bit, so it's time for a new one and use this one as a spare.

Last edited by Pedro; 11-29-2015, 08:57 PM.
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Threw in the new front driveshaft yesterday. What a difference. I could feel the old one getting worse, but will just use it as a spare since it should still get me home if need be.

As you probably saw, I'm trying to sell some of the parts from this. The goal is to make it a little more friendly and retire it from any hard use. So, that includes putting it on a diet. I love the bumper and winch, but with the kid coming money is more of a priority. So, once that sells I'll put a stock plastic bumper on and some tow hooks or shackle mounts again. The belly skid is already sold, there's another 45lbs there. Also love the nittos, but will be selling those and getting a nice AT, most likely a Ko2 or a toyo at2 with XT tread. Still undecided with keeping the locker since it's really not noticeable, but if someone wants the axle I'd swap in another LSD 44a.

So that's the plan. For all I know nobody will buy anything and it'll stay the same.
      P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• I'll trade you my LSD carrier if you want
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• 33s to 35s. Nittos coming off and are being sold next weekend. Putting on the set of 5 Raptor Spec BFGs I picked up here a few months back. These are a bit taller, but 7lbs lighter. Hope I don't regret it as the nittos were amazing tires and looked killer. I think the 35s fill the wheel wells much better tho with my setup.

Before:

After:

P8R

Comment

• Qtec was running a close out on their machined face Moab wheels with 4.7" back spacing, so I picked up a set for $100 apiece and will ditch the wheel spacers and sell these moabs.
            P8R

Comment

• Got the 35s on. Went with quadratec Moab wheels with 4.7" backspace. They are 17x8.5. tires are 315/70r17 BFG AT from a Ford Raptor.

P8R

Comment

• Looks good with 35s man
                MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• Thanks dawg, I think these fit much better. I thought I would miss the nittos, But my jeep hasn't driven better in a long time. And it's quiet...
                  P8R

Comment

• The wheels turned out to be 5.2" backspace, so I put the wheel spacers back on. Got it out in the snow today for a hot minute or two. #stancenation

P8R

Comment

• Were you rubbing on the control arms or fenders? Or just wanted it to sit wider?
                      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post
                        Were you rubbing on the control arms or fenders? Or just wanted it to sit wider?
                        Was rubbing the long arms pretty bad, and wanted dat stance doh
                        P8R

Comment

• Need more camber yo, so much fender gap, needs moar low.

Sits nice.
                          MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

• mind that gap
                            P8R

Comment

• Finally hit that 200k mark. Pretty psyched about about this thing is looking and driving these days. Going to an AT was 100% worth it. Next project is to take the D30 out and give it a refresh. New fluid, new paint, UCA bushings, and some bearings.

#swaybarflex
                              Last edited by Pedro; 03-26-2016, 07:33 PM.
                              P8R

Comment

• Got a good deal on an RB1 Nav on the JeepForum, so threw that in. Going to be adding an aux jack too it as well. Never realized how small the screen is

P8R

Comment

Working...
                                X