No announcement yet.

My WJ Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• banging. too bad you gotta modify it right out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      Some of the install and paint. Had to cut a pretty significant piece of the front sheet metal away to get the bumper to line up right. Also has to remove the washer fluid bottle as well. Apparently zj ones work in wjs and are out of the way, so I'm going to look into that. Otherwise it wasn't that bad of an install.

That looks fucking mean!
      sigpic
      Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• I might have the washer bottle from my 96 still, I pulled all kinds of little shit like that and put it in the shed for spares. I'll take a look.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Cut an inch or two off of the bumper in front of the tire so it will drive now

These little suckers are bright
          Last edited by Pedro; 05-14-2013, 09:10 PM.
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• looks bad

sell it

part out

quit cars
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Got a couple things since the bumper. I just picked up a mopar hitch and hitch bezel from a guy on JU for some rear recovery and to tow the 4 wheeler if I ever need too. Got some new Clayton 4.5" coils to make up the weight of the front bumper.... And get rid of the RC ones. Speaking of getting rid of RC stuff I got some JKS quick discos to replace the pain in the ass RC ones too.

Still contemplating Clayton front long arms......hint Zatt Mullo hint.......
              P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Looks awesome.

Did you end up finding a bottle or do you need one? I found my spare.

Edit: IDK if your WJ has a washer fluid level sensor, but the ZJ bottle I have doesn't have a hole for it.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by Robin Fairchild View Post
                  Looks awesome.

Did you end up finding a bottle or do you need one? I found my spare.

Edit: IDK if your WJ has a washer fluid level sensor, but the ZJ bottle I have doesn't have a hole for it.
                  Nope, the 99-01 has the charcoal canister in the way of where the zj bottle will go whereas the later ones don't there really isn't much you can do except get a universal bottle from NAPA and drill out the right size holes for the sensors and motors. Then mount it wherever.
                  P8R

Comment

• hmm

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Well what do we have here

Best site in the world, a porch full of jeep parts. Especially when they have Clayton stickers hitch came too

Last edited by Pedro; 05-24-2013, 07:48 PM.
                      P8R

Comment

• average length arms
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• sick
                          Don't Panic

Comment

• Got to work on it for a few hours today, with minimal help from Andrew! anyway I got the old IRO short arms and RC coils out as well as the old crossmember. I got the new Clayton crossmember in and bolted up as well as the new coils and prothanes for bumpstops. Not quite sure on the right length I'll need for them, but figured I can cut them later. On Thursday I will hopefully get the arms in and welded sometime soon after that. I also put the new JKS discos in as well

P8R

Comment

• i know a perfect test!
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X