No announcement yet.

The Renegade Rescue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started building all the body moounts/roll cage mounts, also changed out the stock ign wire heat shields for cloth ones(the stockers didn't for with the new headers). also go my new to me passenger seat. and finished up my throttle cable(still need to trim the end off)

the welds had plenty penetration but were ugly because i had to do some filling, the tabs were made for tube

1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

• Worked on the body mounts and floor structure some more this part week. Got the 2 center body mounts done, and the B-pillar body mounts/cage mount done. still have to do the forward most bodymount/cage mounts. Also mocked up the seat just to start to think about fitment, and there will be plenty of room for it. Also a pic of the new dipstick(has to change to an f-body dip stick for the aftermarket pan, lokar locktight)

Comment

• 1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

• awesome build!!! this thing is sick!
          -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
          -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
          -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

• Messin around designing a roll cage (autocad)

Comment

Comment

• So i mounted my steering box last week, then was waiting on my drag link stuff to come in today and it came to late so i went to the show and finished up the front end. I choped up my old bumper to make a new front end. i cut of the ends, made caps, and cut the old leaf spring shackle mounts off and added new ones in too. and a pic of the stuff to go in tomorrow(except of the prop/distribution block.

nice and tucked

Comment

• I'm surprised you didn't do a DIY shackle reversal while you were there.. This rig is going to shit n get for sure with that 5.3.

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                    This rig is going to shit n get for sure with that 5.3.
                    Thanks??

Comment

• Got some more done. Finished the trans crossmember(pics, but they are bad), made my draglink, and wrapped the passenger side header but for got pics, will get them this weekend.

The crossmember is straight across the passenger side and just has a hoop over the driveshaft for the drivers side. i wanted to make it all one piece, but there wasn;t enough space for the bends

Comment

• Couldn't help myself

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Chrome-Crystal-Projector-Headlights-Conversion/dp/B0099DY8YI/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1N9I2RC0NN4CX[/ame]

Comment

• been awhile since an update, got the lights in and love them, finished the floor sub structure, and all the front body/rollcage mounts, and got the t-case cable shifter t-case side mounted

Comment

Comment

• Got the floor mock up's/templates done, and the shifters in place for mock up

Comment

• Picked up some sheet metal and got some more done today

Sorry for crappy pics. took them after i cleaned up more tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X