Project "Pocket Change"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    hey, the splines might be fine, but make sure the output shaft is not bent. i fubard a driveshaft like that before and the output shaft looked fine.... fixed her up and drove down the road and vibrated my jaw apart.

the output shaft was slightly bent
    thanks for the heads up, took it down the road today no vibes thankfully!

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
    jeep looks like it gets the job done!
    thanks man it serves its purpose!

I gotta once an for all seal this fawkin oil pan! and get brake lights workin!
    89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
    95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
    97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
    If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• if you are off camber just right at a certain rpm im pretty sure you lose a quart of oil every 4.9 seconds
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        if you are off camber just right at a certain rpm im pretty sure you lose a quart of oil every 4.9 seconds
        yeah its bad!

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Got all the lights working in the jeep so I took it over to the shop I work at to do the oil pan gasket

Got the pan resealed and back up to find a XXXXing pin hole in the side of the pan near the top that had a steady drip... I cleaned it and quick steeled it due to having no desire to changing the pan. Seemed good but now its XXXXing leaking from the front right corner.. So Pissed! Its going to need a motor soon anyway so its going to keep leaking...

Drove all over the place in the jeep yesterday too it feels good to be back in a jeep!

[/QUOTE]

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Actually this thing looks great.. nice job! , have you ever just that about slappin some JB weld on the holes in the pan?

Comment

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
              Actually this thing looks great.. nice job! , have you ever just that about slappin some JB weld on the holes in the pan?
              Thanks man, I quicksteeled the one hole... the other spot is leaking is where the 2 pieces of the gasket meet. Im done trying to fix it just gunna run it till it blows and go with an ho setup

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Ok so it seems as if my unirail is begining to crack by my track bar bracket... Thinking of making a brace that goes to another bracket opposite of mine so its still removable.

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                  Ok so it seems as if my unirail is begining to crack by my track bar bracket... Thinking of making a brace that goes to another bracket opposite of mine so its still removable.
                  do it, you'll be suprised on how much this stiffens the front up.

Comment

• Well it was an eventful weekend for me to say the least...

It all started friday morning with a little wheeling down at Rausch for Trailfest

First trail of the Day trail 5 hillclimb where i was denied by the hill on both lines due to zero traction with my spanked Iroks... So my freind Dom gave it a try in his TJ which ended with this!

thankfully he was ok and we were able to roll it back over top the fluids off and keep wheelin!

Ended up heading home from rausch early due to hurricane irene. Got home saturday about 1am.

After the storm cleared I got a phone call saying a tree fell on the jeep

well it took the hit well!

absolutely nothing happened to it! Decided to take the jeep for a rip through some local woods and apparently it was too hard of a rip.

Managed to break a bumpstop hammereing through some whoops at about 45 allowing the trackbar to hit the oil pan which a rod then decided to punch through dropping all my oil and and i also broke a trans line at the same time... So basically i ran the jeep to the street as fast as possible and probably killed the motor and trans in one shot... Ended my Sunday with this
                    followed by alot of beer and wings.

Im gunna take this thing off the road and stick it in the garage untill I find an entire H.O drivetrain to throw in this winter. Going to try to get rid of all the stupid issues I had with it so it will be mint turn key for next season!

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

• idk if its something that youre looking for or not, but i have a 95 xj thats cut down to nothing, but still has all the wiring intact and a ho 4.0 and aw4 that i wanna get rid of..
                      95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

• Originally posted by murdered out manche View Post
                        idk if its something that youre looking for or not, but i have a 95 xj thats cut down to nothing, but still has all the wiring intact and a ho 4.0 and aw4 that i wanna get rid of..
                        how much and hows it run?

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Working...
                        X