Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, My Mechanically inclined friends...(car opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No joke I saw a smart car with a flame vinyl wrap on it the other day. the license plate said "Flamer." You should buy that
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Thanks for all the replies guys! Keep 'em coming!

Alex - You really don't think I could touch an older Mazda 3 from like '06 for under 10k?

I'm not set on that or anything, but if that's the case, I'd stop even considering them. I'll test drive this week, but won't be purchasing anything until I return from my trip.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

yes you could get a 3, not the 3 speed though. i've never been a fan of the 3's quality though. test drive everything you can though and get some personal opinions
        I drive a Datsun

Comment

how about a jeep cherokee?

hatch, well under 10k, room for stuff, bike doesn't look gay on the roof decent mil...oh wait
          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
          1999 sierra
          1967 M725 Big and Slow
          -Dan

Comment

Xterras suck I have 2 friends with them one is the supercharged with an auto and one is n/a with a 5 speed.. both get terrible mileage and My renix 4.0 will smoke the supercharged one....
            89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
            95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
            97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
            If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

don't get a mazda 3.... my ex had one, thing was a fucking piece. broke all the time, slow as shit, handled like poop, especially at speed.

good to know about the xterras though, the only thing i really know about them is that i kinda like the styling.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                don't get a mazda 3.... my ex had one, thing was a fucking piece. broke all the time, slow as shit, handled like poop, especially at speed.

good to know about the xterras though, the only thing i really know about them is that i kinda like the styling.
                also another thing about the xterra is IFS!
                89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Good to know, Matt.

Comment

XTerra's are eh. they remind me of a plastic toy of a Land Rover, which doesn't exactly tighten the pants to begin with. IMHO.
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Xterra is too big.

Comment

To be completely honest and this is by no means to satisfy the subaru crowd.... they handle really well, and have plenty of power.... and would most likely be an okay choice. I just don't like them cause its seems like everyone and their brother is buying WRX's and trying to make them STi's. There are so many damn subaru posers it pisses me off. Wearing their ken block rally shirts and strapping fart can exhausts to them left and right. Mexicans are to honda civics like stupid college aged white guys are to subarus that mommy and daddy bought.

i personally don't like vdubs, especially GTI's and not even the nicer ones like the r32's. I think they look gay.

SRT-4's make me laugh its a damn neon

I am quite the fan of Audi's. What i would do for an S4 slammed with some cool shit.
                        Either way you can get some nice used A4's for that kinda money, don't look bad with a bike on top and not sure if i'd wanna take it camping. On the up hand i think they're performance is unmatched, i have never been in one that is underpowered. They handle amazingly, i havent heard much about issues with alot of stuff breaking so as far as i know they are pretty reliable.

Even a newer Saab 9-3 isn't a bad choice. Once again not sure if it fits your needs but all the subaru talk makes me bring up these alternative options.

I don't know if this is in your options, but what about a small size pickup, like a toyota tacoma or a newer not joe nitro lowered and painted ford ranger. The IFS front and solid rear is a good mix. The toyota tacomas have some balls as well as pretty good mileage and plenty of storage room for camping, biking, what not.

Someday when i have money to play with i want to do a mild build on a newer tacoma. Dump a couple grand into a small lift, Bilstein Shocks, upgraded IFS setup with Bilstein coilovers, and some like 33 Allterrains. Nothing crazy but an all around nice truck that i could feel plenty confident with around town, going camping, or tearing ass down some trails pre-runner style.
                        Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 06-02-2010, 12:30 AM.

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 06-02-2010, 12:27 AM. Reason: double post

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            i havent heard much about issues with alot of stuff breaking so as far as i know they are pretty reliable.
                            Audis suck ass after 60k miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                              Audis suck ass after 60k miles.
                              x a big fucking 2.

What's wrong with an R32 MK IV, aside from the fact that the bumper needs to come off to do something like move the seat? VDubs may be ridiculously overengineered, but when maintained well, they last a long time.

Just don't buy anything in Tornado Red. It peels like a sumbitch.
                              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                              MK2 Jetta > M3
                              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

My WJ gets 20-21 mpg on the highway.
                                2000 XJ
                                2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Working...
                                X