Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, My Mechanically inclined friends...(car opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riot View Post
    Whattya think someone would get from an Impreza wagon.
    I would think you can get anything from herpes to crabs to HIV but it depends on who had it last
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      I would think you can get anything from herpes to crabs to HIV but it depends on who had it last
      or who I have in the back of it.
      Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

audi makes an affordable good mpg wagon that hauls butt....and they def be had for less than 10k with low miles....
        99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Elaborate on a name? =D

Edit: I just went on their site, I think you're on crack. hAHAHAH

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
            audi makes an affordable good mpg wagon that hauls butt....and they def be had for less than 10k with low miles....
            Until it breaks. Steer clear of Audi and VW if you dont want to go broke fixing them WHEN the break.
            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
              Until it breaks. Steer clear of Audi and VW if you dont want to go broke fixing them WHEN the break.
              Also why I'm hesitant on Subaru.

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                Also why I'm hesitant on Subaru.
                MUCH cheaper and easier than euro's. they also have about half of the wiring that always causes an issue
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Mazda3 Hatchback.
                  http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by Kyle; 06-02-2010, 06:28 PM.
                  Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

ty.
                    Not ready to purchase yet. I'll be looking to purchase by the end of the month though.

Alex- I figure it's cheaper than euro cars, but here is where I'm stuck with the subaru versus the other cars...

The subaru can be modded to look unique, run unique, and can really go anyway you'd like. You can add lights and different hoods, and blah blah blah. You can't really do all of that on the other cars out there right now and have them look anything but stupid as hell.
                    The subaru wagon however, huge outside, not a very large interior. Of course the biggest problem is the impreza wagon is rated at 20/25mpg whilst the other vehicles are 25/30...ish.

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post

SRT-4's make me laugh its a damn neon

yep just a 400 whp neon.
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

• Originally posted by Riot View Post
                        ty.
                        Not ready to purchase yet. I'll be looking to purchase by the end of the month though.

Alex- I figure it's cheaper than euro cars, but here is where I'm stuck with the subaru versus the other cars...

The subaru can be modded to look unique, run unique, and can really go anyway you'd like. You can add lights and different hoods, and blah blah blah. You can't really do all of that on the other cars out there right now and have them look anything but stupid as hell.
                        The subaru wagon however, huge outside, not a very large interior. Of course the biggest problem is the impreza wagon is rated at 20/25mpg whilst the other vehicles are 25/30...ish.

what year did you check out? i'm not sure how the interior space stacks up vs the other cars on the list quite honestly. since you are looking at wagons i'd make sure to fold all the seats down on each car to get a better idea of space.

you're right the subaru gets a few less mpg. though it's nice to be able to get to the slopes when it's snowing 6" an hour like this past winter
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• My girlfriend just bought a clean 06 Impreza Sedan 5 speed with 44k for $14k out the door from a Subaru dealer, which was a good price. We wanted to get something with under 60k miles. Most cars with that low of milage are going to be $12k and up, before taxes and fees. I think when we were looking we saw some wagons with around 100k miles or higher for around 10k. Just remember 105k miles is when the timing belt should be done
                          1950 Willys Trail Rig
                          2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

• Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                            My girlfriend just bought a clean 06 Impreza Sedan 5 speed with 44k for $14k out the door from a Subaru dealer, which was a good price. We wanted to get something with under 60k miles. Most cars with that low of milage are going to be $12k and up, before taxes and fees. I think when we were looking we saw some wagons with around 100k miles or higher for around 10k. Just remember 105k miles is when the timing belt should be done
                            This may have just eliminated subaru from my options. ty

Comment

• shit. now that it's gone. I want it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keelyle View Post

this is true..... but as with any vehicle ...WHEN it breaks is relative to the way you take care of it....and you should always save some money aside in your budget for car repairs,especially when buying a used vehicle....but i do agree,they are expensive to fix....my A4 TB wouldve cost me 1200 to fix but its covered under warranty from the dealer....
                                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
                                X