Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, My Mechanically inclined friends...(car opinions)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did mention I was on a budget, right? o.o lol
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

For around $10k you can find some decent Impreza Wagons. My family has had about 10 Subarus, and my girlfriend is on her third. I think they are great cars and one of the last easy cars to work on. The only problems with them that I have seen (on newer ones) is a bad air mass meter causing the cat to go bad, and cracked coil pack. Other then basic oil changes you need to change the timing belt at 105K miles, the first one I did took about 3 hours, and brakes are easy to do. Manual transmission cars are a lot harder to find then autos. If you want reliable, buy something that has not been messed with at all.
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

I was thinking Subaru. A guy at work just got an 03 Forester Wagon 2.5 limited loaded for $7500. That leaves money for mods.

Or my personal fav hatch back is the mazda 3 wagon with the 2.5 and 5 speed. and i think it gets 25mpgs +.
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

BENZO
          http://hartford.craigslist.org/ctd/1769913904.html

volvo
          http://hartford.craigslist.org/ctd/1768732612.html

Audi
          http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/1766730573.html
          1992 xj Briarwood
          Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
          Welded front and rear
          13' LED roof lights
          Disco ball
          Truck nuts
          Spinners

Comment

i know someone mentioned the mazda speed 3. that is not is his price range.

do a ton of test driving dude, see what feels good to you. honestly if you can get a stick, it will drastically make any car less boring to drive plus gets better mpg. not sure if you are good at it or not but it only takes a few tries to get it down. practice on test drive cars
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
              not sure if you are good at it or not but it only takes a few tries to get it down. practice on test drive cars
              I learned how to drive a stick 1) drunk in L.A. and 2) driving a 4 banger TJ with 33's in San Fran....either way you learn real quick
              1992 xj Briarwood
              Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
              Welded front and rear
              13' LED roof lights
              Disco ball
              Truck nuts
              Spinners

Comment

My buddys got a speed 6 and has nothing but issues with it and he doesnt really beat on it.... not sure wheather or not the speed 3 has the same drivetrain or not just throwing that out there.... If I had to buy something in that price range it'd be a subaru or a tdi Vdub
                89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

refferring to the OP...

Nissan Xterra???

1) Must be good on MPG. (or you'd just buy a jeep!)
                  2) Must be hatchback.
                  3) Must have enough cargo space for camping adventures, other outdoorsy activities.
                  4) It can't look gay as hell with a mountain bike on the roof.

i'd say yes to all of those, good gas mileage and a pretty good vehicle for camping and outdoors type stuff. that and they don't look bad.... not referring to the really new ones, if they even still make them, but like '04 or '05 look pretty sweet.
                  No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                  Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Mitsubishi Endeavor: KOH Tested and Approved.
                    sigpic
                    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                      i cant endorse a forester unfortunately
                      \

agreed. My brother had an impreza wagon for a long time and loved it. his wife also had one from before they met and they loved it so much when someone hit them and totaled it they got another one

u should look up some facts about the forrester, like the forest green ones

Comment

How about a versa?

Comment

too much $$, no new or 1-2 year old cars are gonna be 10k or less
                          I drive a Datsun

Comment

What abput a small SUV such as an Ford Esacape, or Patriot or something like that?

All this talk of Subarus makes me want one.
                            -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                              What abput a small SUV such as an Ford Esacape, or Patriot or something like that?

All this talk of Subarus makes me want one.
                              both of them are good. the patriot may be to new and the old escapes blow. the new escapes are good though

i've been thinking about a patriot actually
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

A versa starts under $10k new.

Comment

Working...
                                X