My Truck with stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
    yea dowel pin is def important. seeing its an auto I really wouldnt pump it up TOO much. and as for an auto not putting power down I will def say thats true. I have driven autos that have the same power as mine if not a little more and they didnt pull nearly as hard as mine did.

Did you ever think of just finding an NV4500 and swapping it in?
    Yea, I have a couple lines on them. I also am hesitant to do anything else major to this truck, thinking I might sell it to get an extenced cab!
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Thats not bad for a powerstroke so I cant complain. But you may be about to find a 12 valve for around 4500 in pretty good shape.
      Yeah price was great for what it is book value is right around 7k on it too... I was looking for a 12v but couldnt find anything in my price range that was decent I had 4500 to spend.

A friend of mine has a 24v cummins making 50lbs of boost with supporting mods on a stock auto trans and it is just begining to slip a little on stock tires. I was surprised its not blown up from all that power. However this was something that scared me about buying a dodge was the auto trans not saying ford autos are much better. The NV4500 is great though and its probably worth the swap to keep your truck Owen. I personally have been thinking about getting a ZF 5speed trans for my ford.
      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
        Yeah price was great for what it is book value is right around 7k on it too... I was looking for a 12v but couldnt find anything in my price range that was decent I had 4500 to spend.

A friend of mine has a 24v cummins making 50lbs of boost with supporting mods on a stock auto trans and it is just begining to slip a little on stock tires. I was surprised its not blown up from all that power. However this was something that scared me about buying a dodge was the auto trans not saying ford autos are much better. The NV4500 is great though and its probably worth the swap to keep your truck Owen. I personally have been thinking about getting a ZF 5speed trans for my ford.
        ZF transmissions are awesome. as for your buddies cummins im really amazed it has still held up My old roommate had a 24 valve with just an edge in it and it had to be rebuilt. He put a better torque converter in it too. Than he added some injectors, stacked a smarty on it and now it's fried. So now he is goin the NV4500 route.

Owen, I say if you are gonna keep it, a nv4500 would be the way to go. but if you are gonna sell it, no sense in going through the work.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Yeah his cummins is nasty it beat my notch hahaha he knows its only a matter of time untill the trans explodes which he says he will get some $5000 trans that hold that power like its nothing. Id personally go nv4500. Owen the truck I just bought is my first extended cab with the exception of a truck i had for a week. Extended cab is amazing! soo much more room to fit more useless shit! and the front Seats recline which is the best part!
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Well they are out and I put my 4" MBRP back on (muffler deleted). I wire- wheeled and painted the tubing with flat black grill paint. It looks pretty cool and hopefully will help it last longer. I have the rear hanger rigged up right now, I ordered a new one and am waiting for it to come in. It is a lot quieter in the truck and no power loss to speak of. Going to see some more mods soon, I already ordered an intake.
            1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
              Well they are out and I put my 4" MBRP back on (muffler deleted). I wire- wheeled and painted the tubing with flat black grill paint. It looks pretty cool and hopefully will help it last longer. I have the rear hanger rigged up right now, I ordered a new one and am waiting for it to come in. It is a lot quieter in the truck and no power loss to speak of. Going to see some more mods soon, I already ordered an intake.
              what intake did you get? fuel plate next. it will wake that truck up sooooo much

Comment

what intake did you get? fuel plate next. it will wake that truck up sooooo much
                S&B. I think the truck has a plate already, the the DDP 75hp injectors are lookin pretty good. And of course some gauges to so I can tune it.
                1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

S&B. I think the truck has a plate already, the the DDP 75hp injectors are lookin pretty good. And of course some gauges to so I can tune it.
                  dynomite diesel are one of the best injectors out there. do it up man

Comment

so this is where the 35 spline money is going
                    2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

Originally posted by Customjob View Post
                      so this is where the 35 spline money is going
                      haha nah, it goes toward my house hahaha. The truck could use an injector cleaning I'm sure... so why not new ones
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Working...
                      X