My Truck with stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
    Ehhh not a fan of duel stacks on a cummins definatly like a single 8" offset in bed.. However I'd get rid of em and go to a 4" or 5" single outlet before the tire... Those 12v trucks are great I was hoping to find one but they were out of my price range....
    IMO 8" is way too big for stacks, even a single. I really liked my 5" single. It was level with the top of the cab and flat top. I wouldnt put more than a 6" on it.
    Oh and WAD what did you pay for your 7.3?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

if you sell them how much would you get for them?
      4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

take the stacks out and sell them, put your exhaust back on it and use the money for that piece to fix the pin popping issue and do an AFE air intake

Comment

oh and start saving some money for an aftermarket convertor

Comment

Was never a fan of stacks myself

Comment

not too much of a fan

duals are a lil much

singles i can appreciate
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

I have the dowel pin kit sitting in the box, gotta do it asap. Not looking to make big power, I want to get an intake(have a K&N drop in now, going to get an S&B), guages (so I can tune it), and maybe some injectors; I think it has a plate already. My auto is great and I take great care of it, but it doesn't put the power to the ground like a standard that is for sure. I don't know maybe it is time for something new all together, but I think the stacks are going to go, still like to see more opinions. Thanks guys
                1950 Willys Trail Rig
                2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                  I say keep them. I base this the ease of turning up a 12 valve. injectors are cheap, grind the fuel plate down, find a cheaper/bigger turbo, cheap intake, etc. grinding down the plate alone and putting a little more boost to that will wake the truck up so much. Also, changing the governor springs up to a 3k will get you power too. It changes the way the truck fuels and lets it rev to about 3200-3300 instead of 2750. Mine was a pretty simple build and it had a lot of power. I had Bosch 370 injectors, schied diesel delivery valves(go in the pump to allow more fuel to flow), a #6 TST performance fuel plate, AFE stage 1 intake, 4" turbo back, Holset H1E(around 44 max psi), A FASS 150 pump, and I think thats about it. I really wish I got it dynoed but im guessing the numbers wouldnt been around 350-400 HP and 800-850 ft lbs.

Also, this may also be a HUGE problem, but, is that truck auto or manual trans....

and did you tab the dowel pin in the front gear case on the motor?
                  Did you ever upgrade your boost hoses or blow them off with that boost?
                  1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Originally posted by OWEN View Post
                    I think he replaced them, or at least some of them. I remember I was on I80 one day and i punched it going up a hill and it blew off.
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Also I traded something for those stacks, never was a big fan myself but figured I would try them, and I never thought they looked half bad
                      1950 Willys Trail Rig

Comment

Keep them but add a muffler.
                        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                          IMO 8" is way too big for stacks, even a single. I really liked my 5" single. It was level with the top of the cab and flat top. I wouldnt put more than a 6" on it.
                          Oh and WAD what did you pay for your 7.3?
                          Gotta miter cut that bad boy haha but yeah one looks good right where yours was. And I payed 3800 for it 113k fresh trans.
                          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Yes. I kept blowing off the hump hoses at the intake horn and right after the turbo. So I replaced them with heavy duty ones. I blew the lower intercooler ones off too a few times but never replaced them. They seemed to hold fine after I really cleaned them up

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                            Gotta miter cut that bad boy haha but yeah one looks good right where yours was. And I payed 3800 for it 113k fresh trans.
                            I got that stack for free so thats why i went with the flat top. I ended up liking it so I kept it. Thats not bad for a powerstroke so I cant complain. But you may be about to find a 12 valve for around 4500 in pretty good shape. I sold mine for 5600 and that was with all the performance stuff, Brand new 35s, and barely any rust on the body. I was asking 6500 but the throwout bearing went on it the week before he was gonna pick it up so i couldnt sell it for as much

Comment

i like the way it looks. but it would still look good without them, and im sure you will be much happier with a quieter exhaust for the long treck down to RC...

i vote take em off....
                              #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

I have the dowel pin kit sitting in the box, gotta do it asap. Not looking to make big power, I want to get an intake(have a K&N drop in now, going to get an S&B), guages (so I can tune it), and maybe some injectors; I think it has a plate already. My auto is great and I take great care of it, but it doesn't put the power to the ground like a standard that is for sure. I don't know maybe it is time for something new all together, but I think the stacks are going to go, still like to see more opinions. Thanks guys
                                yea dowel pin is def important. seeing its an auto I really wouldnt pump it up TOO much. and as for an auto not putting power down I will def say thats true. I have driven autos that have the same power as mine if not a little more and they didnt pull nearly as hard as mine did.

Did you ever think of just finding an NV4500 and swapping it in?

Comment

Working...
                                X