My Truck with stacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Truck with stacks

I don't really care much about what other people think most of the time but here is one I was thinking about over the weekend... Should I keep the stacks on my truck or sell them and use the money for other performance stuff. And tell me why you think so... Thanks

Pics for reference

Keep 'em
    43.75%
    Sell 'em
    56.25%
    1950 Willys Trail Rig
    2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Keep the stacks unless you plan to blow clouds of black smoke out of them every time you see me, if not, just sell them, they are large and obnoxious and water likes to collect in them if remained uncapped.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I forgot to mention the main reason I would ditch them is to quiet the truck down. It's not bad now, but I like to go for long rides in it these days. Although, If I keep them I can add a muffler.

I am also thining about selling it and getting an extended cab
      1950 Willys Trail Rig
      2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

never been a fan of stacks so ditch them
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

Sell em and get some other goodies
          Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

I love stacks on cummins', but I know what you mean about the sound. Andrew's old Cummins used to just drone on the highway, but I loved it around town. I would say keep em.
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

I say keep them. I base this the ease of turning up a 12 valve. injectors are cheap, grind the fuel plate down, find a cheaper/bigger turbo, cheap intake, etc. grinding down the plate alone and putting a little more boost to that will wake the truck up so much. Also, changing the governor springs up to a 3k will get you power too. It changes the way the truck fuels and lets it rev to about 3200-3300 instead of 2750. Mine was a pretty simple build and it had a lot of power. I had Bosch 370 injectors, schied diesel delivery valves(go in the pump to allow more fuel to flow), a #6 TST performance fuel plate, AFE stage 1 intake, 4" turbo back, Holset H1E(around 44 max psi), A FASS 150 pump, and I think thats about it. I really wish I got it dynoed but im guessing the numbers wouldnt been around 350-400 HP and 800-850 ft lbs.

Also, this may also be a HUGE problem, but, is that truck auto or manual trans....

and did you tab the dowel pin in the front gear case on the motor?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

stacks are sick keep em
                99 XJ - 5.5" RE, 35's, 4.56's, d30/d44 locked, bumpers

Comment

Ehhh not a fan of duel stacks on a cummins definatly like a single 8" offset in bed.. However I'd get rid of em and go to a 4" or 5" single outlet before the tire... Those 12v trucks are great I was hoping to find one but they were out of my price range....
                  89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                  95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                  97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                  If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

If the sound is bothering you then sell em. I'm not a fan of them anyway. just seem useless and I've never been a fan of em

Comment

I like the way they look on your truck.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i think you should sell the ones you have on there and get angled ones
                        2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

epic tow rig is epic. i say keep em.
                          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                          MK2 Jetta > M3
                          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

u definety have to keep them that thing looks so badass with the stacks on it.

Comment

i see stacks on every truck nowadays. im not a huge fan of them. they almost look to big for the truck.
                              dont get me wrong, the truck is sweeeeet. but i think it would be sweet without them too, and if it helps with the sound on long drives then why not?
                              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Working...
                              X