Assault Weapons Ban a Go in CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault Weapons Ban a Go in CT

Looks like we will be keeping our right to purchase AR-15's and the rest of the semi automatic rifles for the time being. I call that a victory

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...id=maing-grid7
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Just because it won't happen on the federal level, doesn't mean it won't happen at the state level

Jussayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      Just because it won't happen on the federal level, doesn't mean it won't happen at the state level

Jussayin...
      such a buzz killington.... but i have to agree, states have rights to make their own firearm restrictions.
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

Jussayin...
        Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
        such a buzz killington.... but i have to agree, states have rights to make their own firearm restrictions.
        Lucky for us, were not restricted to what state we can live in....yet that is. I live about 5 minutes from the MA border...so if CT makes any ban laws, I'll be packing up and moving about 10 miles over the border LOL.
        2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

Originally posted by rckymntn05 View Post
          Lucky for us, were not restricted to what state we can live in....yet that is. I live about 5 minutes from the MA border...so if CT makes any ban laws, I'll be packing up and moving about 10 miles over the border LOL.
          I dunno if you are going to be any better off in MA they seem intent on the same kinda of crap as they are in CT and NY.
          Rice
          13 BRZ G machine
          02 WRX Rally Whore
          95 Neon Sport Coupe 2.4 liter 11:1 comp race motor
          08 Kawasaki ZX6R solar yellow 112.4whp

Comment

Originally posted by King Ricerâ„¢ View Post
            I dunno if you are going to be any better off in MA they seem intent on the same kinda of crap as they are in CT and NY.
            Yea, good point. MA as of now is more strict than CT on gun and magazine laws. Gaaah! I need to get out of the east coast and go somewhere like Texas or Colorado lol. Amazing wheeling, lots of cars, and plentiful guns and shooting areas down there. Just need to win the lotto first...

Comment

Jussayin...
              I was so happy not to talk about guns all week in JV...and now I'm back, and nothing is better.
              sigpic
              Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Lunatics running the asylum in CT. We will lose AR's and will be lucky to keep our higher than 10 round magazines. fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
                  Lunatics running the asylum in CT. We will lose AR's and will be lucky to keep our higher than 10 round magazines. fuck.
                  I plan on keeping anything and everything I currently own, whether they like it or not.

Comment

Gov. Malloy announced his own gun control plans yesterday

They include:
                    1. Reducing mag size from 30 to 10, and people have until Oct. 1 to comply
                    2. Requiring background checks for any gun transfer
                    3. Also some convoluted plan to ban ARs manufactured with "one military-style" feature
                    Last edited by Nick; 02-22-2013, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Gov. Malloy announced his own gun control plans yesterday

They include:
                      1. Reducing mag size from 30 to 10, and people have until Oct. 1 to comply
                      2. Requiring background checks for any gun transfer
                      3. Also some convoluted plan to ban the AR-15 Bushmaster, but not all ARs, or some other vague, "I know it when I see it" idea.
                      Malloy is a fucking dumpster baby. His bullshit still needs to pass through legislation, thankfully, but I do not have high hopes for this state.
                      sigpic

Comment

I actually had some hope, considering the state legislature really hasn't done much on the gun control issue, rather, they have been focusing on mental health and school safety.

This puts them in a bad spot.

Comment

I actually had some hope, considering the state legislature really hasn't done much on the gun control issue, rather, they have been focusing on mental health and school safety.

This puts them in a bad spot.
                          Hopefully they continue to focus on mental health and school safety and totally forget about this gun control bullshit. I wish someone would just tell Malloy to shut the hell up and go back to his office and think about what he said.
                          sigpic

Comment

In other news, New Jersey just passed 22 gun control laws.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/lo..._decision.html
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by
                              Authorize municipalities to establish weapon-free zones around schools, day-care centers, public housing facilities, and public buildings such as libraries and museums. It would encompass areas that are 1,000 feet around a school, college, or university. The bill only targets those found unlawfully carrying a weapon, not people who obtained their firearms legally.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7pGt_O1uM8[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                              X