Assault Weapons Ban a Go in CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Half of my job right now is removing scary features.
    Pin on a 75 round drum and call it a day.
    RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
    www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
    Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by The governor View Post
      If Mrs. Lanza had not been able to purchase guns, the likes of which she purchased, then Mr. Lanza -- Adam -- would not have been able to kill as many people as he did. So I think they're wrong.

Comment

You will need a long gun license for the possession and sale of all long guns.
        Your pistol permit qualifies you for the rifle ownership “privilege”.
        These licenses will qualify you for ammo purchases.
        No ammo tax.
        Online purchase of ammo permitted.
        No armor piercing rounds are allowed for sale.
        They will ban a list of 100 additional firearms…. What they are… who the fuck knows.
        Assault rifles will be classified as center fire semi auto, with detachable magazine, and only one evil feature. If it shoots, effectively it’s evil.
        Rifles with a total length of less than 30” are also classified as Assault Rifles.
        Centerfire Rifles with fix mags of more than 10 rounds classify as Assault Rifles.
        If you possess a classified assault rifle you can register it with the state, and maintain possession of the gun.
        I believe he said you will need to register assault rifles by Jan 1, 2014…I may be wrong on the date.
        You will get a reg card that says you are legal.
        You can pass it down to a family member, but not sell it to another law-abiding citizen.
        You can sell it to an FFL who can sell it out of state.
        If you have hi-cap mags… anything over 10 rounds you can keep it, but you will need to register them with the state. This includes both pistol and rifle mags.
        You can load more than 10 rounds at home for self defense, but not after you leave the house for CCW.
        They will set up an online reg form that you will put all your shit into their registry.
        You can bring your registered Assault rifle to the range with your registered high cap mags and shoot out your 30 round mag….
        There will be no fee to register your assault rifles or high cap mags.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/...#ixzz2PN5NoDHO

HARTFORD -- Opponents and supporters of the nation's toughest gun laws plan to jam the Capitol on Wednesday to celebrate -- or protest -- the state's historic response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School killings.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy said Tuesday he will sign the gun-control bill into law once it is passed by the Legislature, immediately prohibiting sales of about 100 additional models of military-style rifles that will join Connecticut's 20-year-old list of banned assault weapons.

"I think these weapons are inherently more dangerous than others," Malloy said. "When they are abused, they are more dangerous than others."

Around the state Tuesday, gun enthusiasts stocked up on weaponry and large-capacity ammunition magazines that would be restricted under the new law.

Gun advocates conceded enough support for the bill exists in the Senate and House, but they are mustering a large presence for Wednesday just the same, with shuttle buses set to run from the Cabela's sporting goods outlet in nearby East Hartford.

Supporters of the bill also expect to make a physical showing in the Capitol on the day Connecticut is poised to set the national standard for gun control.

The bill is scheduled to arrive in the Senate at around 11 a.m., then head to the House.

In addition, President Barack Obama plans to visit the state Monday, presumably after Malloy signs the sweeping legislation into law.

Gun owners would have until Jan. 1 to register ammunition magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds, or risk penalties that could include a year in prison and disqualification from future gun ownership.

Sandy Hook Promise, one of the activist groups that organized after the December massacre, said in a statement Tuesday that registering existing magazines and limiting the size of new ones to 10 bullets would strengthen the overall bill.

"This is something that we can be proud of," Malloy said at a news conference. "I think that this is a vast improvement over prior law."

Malloy joined Sandy Hook families in pushing for an outright ban on the possession of large-capacity magazines. "We don't want to stop progress. This bill is a very good bill; very far-reaching; arguably the most comprehensive in the country on a state basis, in its entirety."

Bipartisan negotiations among leaders of the House and Senate yielded a package Monday that did not include an outright ban on large-capacity magazines, because of the controversy around taking away the lawful property of gun owners.

Instead, in addition to registering the number of magazines with more than 10 bullets, those retaining possession of them would not be allowed to put more than 10 bullets in them. That could make lawful gun owners wonder why they need them.

"We'll get up to speed as quickly as we can," Malloy said. "We will strictly enforce this law. We will come up with appropriate regulations to enforce this law, but I think it's important that it goes into effect as soon as possible."

Malloy said he plans to send another letter to state gun manufacturers stressing that they are welcome to stay in Connecticut, if they want to.

"Having said that, there are other things that need to be taken into consideration and the public's safety is one of those things," he said.

Malloy said he spoke with White House officials Monday about the visit next week, but deferred details to the president's office. Obama was last in Connecticut on Dec. 16, meeting the families of 26 slain first-graders and educators in the Newtown school and speaking to hundreds at the town's high school.

Robert Crook, who heads the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen, which unsuccessfully challenged the state's 1993 ban on assault weapons, said Tuesday that lawful gun owners are paying the price for the lawlessness that led to the school massacre.

"They're appalled by the lack of knowledge the legislators have on the gun laws," Crook said. "Secondly, they're really irate that there's no public hearing to address the bill, if and when we ever see the bill."

Leaders of the General Assembly held several public hearings on major aspects of the legislation, including a rare evening hearing in Newtown, where many spoke in favor of tougher gun-control regulations, universal background checks and limitations on the size of ammunition magazines.

Crook said that public safety will not be improved and that the exact language of the bill is being kept away from the public.

"Certainly, we're not going after criminals, so it's the gun owners that are being penalized for this," he said. "Some of the stuff in here just doesn't make any sense."

He said that under the bill, young men coming back from military service could be too young to buy a hunting rifle.

Twenty-year-old Adam Lanza first killed his mother in her bed, then took two handguns, a 12-gauge shotgun and a Bushmaster XM15 rifle, to Sandy Hook Elementary School. He used the rifle to shoot the 26 students and educators before killing himself with a handgun with the last of 154 shots.

"If Mrs. Lanza had not been able to purchase guns, the likes of which she purchased, Mr. Lanza, Adam, would not have been able to kill as many people as he did," Malloy said.

Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch, a former state senator, said Tuesday he is proud of the Legislature.

"We must do everything we can to protect our residents, especially our children; I believe that these new measures will go a long way in helping to curb the gun violence we see in our cities and preventing tragedies like we saw in Sandy Hook from ever happening again," Finch said in a statement. "Now, I hope that leadership in Washington can follow Connecticut's lead."
          sigpic

Comment

I found the draft of the bill.

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download...d-4182bab6c5fd

It is disgusting.

They sell AR-15 to 22 rim fire conversions right?
            They made assault rifle center fire only. But not pistols.
            So my Walther P22 is an assault pistol now.

Time to move out of CT
            Last edited by customcreationsllc; 04-03-2013, 07:00 AM.
            RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
            www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
            Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I'm fucking disgusted. I'm moving end of story.
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
                I found the draft of the bill.

http://ctcarry.com/Document/Download...d-4182bab6c5fd

It is disgusting.

They sell AR-15 to 22 rim fire conversions right?
                They made assault rifle center fire only. But not pistols.
                So my Walther P22 is an assault pistol now.

Time to move out of CT
                Good luck trying to get a top end for an AR, I haven't seen one for sale in the last month. I have a 22 conversion kit but it doesn't make the gun a 22LR, it still has the capability of being a 223. If you want to truly convert your AR to 22, you'll need a 22LR dedicated barrel with a 22LR chamber.
                sigpic

Comment

time to move
                  mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                  2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                  and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

So this law depends on the honor system to make sure people with 10+ mags limit themselves to 10 rounds?

That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      So this law depends on the honor system to make sure people with 10+ mags limit themselves to 10 rounds?

That makes sense.
                      self control and self limiting works for obesity

Comment

So at what point can I no longer sell my AR15 privately?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Creep View Post
                          So at what point can I no longer sell my AR15 privately?
                          We'll find out today. If it comes down to it, I'll sell my shit out of state and save my money to move west.
                          sigpic

Comment

Looks like sis will be a Texas based offroad club lol
                            Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

Looks like I'll be selling some guns out of state this week. Awesome.
                              sigpic

Comment

(A) (i) Any selective-fire firearm capable of fully automatic, semiautomatic or burst fire at the option of the user or any of the following specified semiautomatic firearms: Algimec Agmi; Armalite AR-180; Australian Automatic Arms SAP Pistol; Auto-Ordnance Thompson type; Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47 type; Barrett Light-Fifty model 82A1; Beretta AR-70; Bushmaster Auto Rifle and Auto Pistol; Calico models M-900, M-950 and 100-P; Chartered Industries of Singapore SR-88; Colt AR-15 and Sporter; Daewoo K-1, K-2, Max-1 and Max-2; Encom MK-IV, MP-9 and MP-45; Fabrique Nationale FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FN/FNC; FAMAS MAS 223; Feather AT-9 and Mini-AT; Federal XC-900 and XC-450; Franchi SPAS-12 and LAW-12; Galil AR and ARM; Goncz High-Tech Carbine and High-Tech Long Pistol; Heckler & Koch HK-91, HK-93, HK-94 and SP-89; Holmes MP-83; MAC-10, MAC-11 and MAC-11 Carbine type; Intratec TEC-9 and Scorpion; Iver Johnson Enforcer model 3000; Ruger Mini-14/5F folding stock model only; Scarab Skorpion; SIG 57 AMT and 500 series; Spectre Auto Carbine and Auto Pistol; Springfield Armory BM59, SAR-48 and G-3; Sterling MK-6 and MK-7; Steyr AUG; Street Sweeper and Striker 12 revolving cylinder shotguns; USAS-12; UZI Carbine, Mini-Carbine and Pistol; Weaver Arms Nighthawk; Wilkinson "Linda" Pistol;

[(2)] (ii) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in subparagraph (A)(i) of this subdivision, [(1) of this subsection,] may be rapidly assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person;

(B) Any of the following specified semiautomatic centerfire rifles, or copies or duplicates thereof with the capability of any such rifles, that were in production prior to or on the effective date of this section: (i) AK-47; (ii) AK-74; (iii) AKM; (iv) AKS-74U; (v) ARM; (vi) MAADI AK47; (vii) MAK90; (viii) MISR; (ix) NHM90 and NHM91; (x) Norinco 56, 56S, 84S and 86S; (xi) Poly Technologies AKS and AK47; (xii) SA 85; (xiii) SA 93; (xiv) VEPR; (xv) WASR-10; (xvi) WUM; (xvii) Rock River Arms LAR-47; (xviii) Vector Arms AK-47; (xix) AR-10; (xx) AR-15; (xxi) Bushmaster Carbon 15, Bushmaster XM15, Bushmaster ACR Rifles, Bushmaster MOE Rifles; (xxii) Colt Match Target Rifles; (xxiii) Armalite M15; (xxiv) Olympic Arms AR-15, A1, CAR, PCR, K3B, K30R, K16, K48, K8 and K9 Rifles; (xxv) DPMS Tactical Rifles; (xxvi) Smith and Wesson M&P15 Rifles; (xxvii) Rock River Arms LAR-15; (xxviii) Doublestar AR Rifles; (xxix) Barrett REC7; (xxx) Beretta Storm; (xxxi) Calico Liberty 50, 50 Tactical, 100, 100 Tactical, I, I Tactical, II and II Tactical Rifles; (xxxii) Hi-Point Carbine Rifles; (xxxiii) HK-PSG-1; (xxxiv) Kel-Tec Sub-2000, SU Rifles, and RFB; (xxxv) Remington Tactical Rifle Model 7615; (xxxvi) SAR-8, SAR-4800 and SR9; (xxxvii) SLG 95; (xxxviii) SLR 95 or 96; (xxxix) TNW M230 and M2HB; (xl) Vector Arms UZI; (xli) Galil and Galil Sporter; (xlii) Daewoo AR 100 and AR 110C; (xliii) Fabrique Nationale/FN 308 Match and L1A1 Sporter; (xliv) HK USC; (xlv) IZHMASH Saiga AK; (xlvi) SIG Sauer 551-A1, 556, 516, 716 and M400 Rifles; (xlvii) Valmet M62S, M71S and M78S; (xlviii) Wilkinson Arms Linda Carbine; and (xlix) Barrett M107A1;

(C) Any of the following specified semiautomatic pistols, or copies or duplicates thereof with the capability of any such pistols, that were in production prior to or on the effective date of this section: (i) Centurion 39 AK; (ii) Draco AK-47; (iii) HCR AK-47; (iv) IO Inc. Hellpup AK-47; (v) Mini-Draco AK-47; (vi) Yugo Krebs Krink; (vii) American Spirit AR-15; (viii) Bushmaster Carbon 15; (ix) Doublestar Corporation AR; (x) DPMS AR-15; (xi) Olympic Arms AR-15; (xii) Rock River Arms LAR 15; (xiii) Calico Liberty III and III Tactical Pistols; (xiv) Masterpiece Arms MPA Pistols and Velocity Arms VMA Pistols; (xv) Intratec TEC-DC9 and AB-10; (xvi) Colefire Magnum; (xvii) German Sport 522 PK and Chiappa Firearms Mfour-22; (xviii) DSA SA58 PKP FAL; (xix) I.O. Inc. PPS-43C; (xx) Kel-Tec PLR-16 Pistol; (xxi) Sig Sauer P516 and P556 Pistols; and (xxii) Thompson TA5 Pistols;

(D) Any of the following semiautomatic shotguns, or copies or duplicates thereof with the capability of any such shotguns, that were in production prior to or on the effective date of this section: All IZHMASH Saiga 12 Shotguns;

[(3)] (E) Any semiautomatic firearm [not listed in subdivision (1) of this subsection] regardless of whether such firearm is listed in subparagraphs (A) to (D), inclusive, of this subdivision, and regardless of the date such firearm was produced, that meets the following criteria:

[(A)] (i) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least [two] one of the following:

[(i)] (I) A folding or telescoping stock;

[(ii) A] (II) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, [that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon] a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing;

[(iii)] (III) A [bayonet mount] forward pistol grip;

[(iv)] (IV) A flash suppressor; or [threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and]

[(v)] (V) A grenade launcher or flare launcher; or

(ii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has a fixed magazine with the ability to accept more than ten rounds; or

(iii) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has an overall length of less than thirty inches; or

[(B)] (iv) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least [two] one of the following:

[(i)] (I) An ability to accept a detachable ammunition magazine that attaches [to the pistol] at some location outside of the pistol grip;

[(ii)] (II) A threaded barrel capable of accepting a [barrel extender,] flash suppressor, forward [handgrip] pistol grip or silencer;

[(iii)] (III) A shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to [hold] fire the firearm [with the nontrigger hand] without being burned, [;] except a slide that encloses the barrel; or

[(iv) A manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and]

(IV) A second hand grip; or

(v) A semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that has the ability to accept more than ten rounds;

[(v) A semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm; or]

[(C)] (vi) A semiautomatic shotgun that has [at least two] both of the following:

[(i)] (I) A folding or telescoping stock; and

[(ii) A] (II) Any grip of the weapon, including a pistol grip, [that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;] a thumbhole stock, or any other stock, the use of which would allow an individual to grip the weapon, resulting in any finger on the trigger hand in addition to the trigger finger being directly below any portion of the action of the weapon when firing; or

[(iii) A fixed magazine capacity in excess of five rounds; and]

[(iv) An] (vii) A semiautomatic shotgun that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine;

(viii) A shotgun with a revolving cylinder; or

[(4)] (F) A part or combination of parts designed or intended to convert a firearm into an assault weapon, as defined in [subdivision (3) of this subsection] any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, or any combination of parts from which an assault weapon, as defined in [subdivision (3) of this subsection] any provision of subparagraphs (B) to (E), inclusive, of this subdivision, may be [rapidly] assembled if those parts are in the possession or under the control of the same person; [.]

[(b) As used in this section and sections 53-202b to 53-202k, inclusive, the term "assault weapon" does not include any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable.]

(2) "Assault weapon" does not include (A) any firearm modified to render it permanently inoperable, or (B) a part or any combination of parts of an assault weapon, that are not assembled as an assault weapon, when in the possession of a licensed gun dealer, as defined in subsection (d) of section 53-202f, as amended by this act, or a gunsmith who is in the licensed gun dealer's employ, for the purposes of servicing or repairing lawfully possessed assault weapons under sections 53-202a to 53-202k, inclusive, as amended by this act;

(3) "Action of the weapon" means the part of the firearm that loads, fires and ejects a cartridge, which part includes, but is not limited to, the upper and lower receiver, charging handle, forward assist, magazine release and shell deflector;

(4) "Detachable magazine" means an ammunition feeding device that can be removed without disassembling the firearm action;

(5) "Firearm" means a firearm, as defined in section 53a-3;

(6) "Forward pistol grip" means any feature capable of functioning as a grip that can be held by the nontrigger hand;
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X