• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick View Post
    Gov. Malloy announced his own gun control plans yesterday

They include:
    1. Reducing mag size from 30 to 10, and people have until Oct. 1 to comply
    2. Requiring background checks for any gun transfer
    3. Also some convoluted plan to ban ARs manufactured with "one military-style" feature
    I saw that on the news. I dare that ass clown to make me turn my magazines in. They can come try to take them if they want, but in a free country, thats called stealing...and I will have them loaded and ready to rock.

Malloy seriously needs to be banned out of politics completely. He is such a dumbass, and I can't stand it every time he mentions "just buy a double barrel shotgun, thats all you need!!" Sure thing Mr hillbilly deluxe, then we can all go fire them in the air to scare off the intruders armed with semi automatic pistols and assault style rifles.
    2006 Rubicon - high rock bumper, warn 9.5ti, and lots of stockness....for now...

Comment

In CT gun control news:

CT House Republicans on the "Gun Violence Prevention Working Group" rejected two proposals that included extending the state AWB to all semi-auto assault rifles and prohibiting large capacity magazines.

Despite the Republican opposition, Democratic leaders still plan to bring a wide ranging proposal to the floor.

Comment

There is going to be another big pro-gun rally on Monday. Apparently the NRA took this long to finally get their shit together in CT.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

something interesting.. my county just announced it wont enforce any new guns laws, the country chair is a few miles down my road so this is pretty neat for me!
          http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...nt-apply-here/

of course someone idiot from the Scranton times is now referencing my county as Susqehannastan haha

there putting a gun rally together here on april 19

Comment

(2) On and after July 1, 2013, no person may purchase or receive more than one firearm, as defined in section 53a-3, other than a pistol or revolver, pursuant to this section within any thirty-day period.

(h) On and after October 1, 2013, no person, firm or corporation may sell, deliver or otherwise transfer, at retail, any ammunition for a firearm other than a pistol or revolver unless such person holds a valid state rifle permit issued pursuant to section 7 of this act, a valid permit to carry a pistol or revolver issued pursuant to subsection (b) of section 29-28,

(NEW) (Effective July 1, 2013) (a) The fee for each state rifle permit originally issued under the provisions of section 7 of this act shall be one hundred forty dollars plus sufficient funds as required to be transmitted to the Federal Bureau of Investigation to cover the cost of a national criminal history records check.

Sec. 32. (NEW) (Effective July 1, 2013) (a) Every person in this state shall register each firearm he or she owns or possesses in accordance with sections 31 to 43, inclusive, of this act.

Sec. 33. (NEW) (Effective July 1, 2013) (a) On and after July 1, 2014, no person shall purchase or possess ammunition without having first obtained a registration card identifying a firearm suitable for use with that ammunition.

(b) Any person who is required to register a firearm shall provide the following information on a registration application prescribed by the department, which form shall include: (1) The applicant's full name and any other name by which the applicant has ever been known; (2) The home address and telephone number of the applicant; (3) The occupation, business address and business telephone number of the applicant; (4) The applicant's gender, race, height, weight, date of birth, place of birth, country of citizenship, social security number and, if the applicant is not a United States citizen, alien or admission number; (5) A copy of the applicant's current motor vehicle operator's license or other government-issued identification card containing a photograph of the applicant; (6) Information concerning any denial or revocation of a license, permit, certificate or registration card pertaining to any firearm owned or possessed by the applicant; (7) The make, model, manufacturer's name, caliber or gauge and serial number and any other distinguishing numbers of all firearms for which the applicant seeks to obtain a registration card; (8) The date the applicant acquired each firearm; (9) The name, address and telephone number of the person from whom each firearm was obtained and, in the case of a firearms dealer, the dealer's license number; (10) The name of, and description of any instance in which, any court, board, commission or other lawful authority has done either of the following, including dates of commitment and release:

(b) If an applicant or registrant fails to surrender his or her firearm to the department after he or she receives notice that the decision to deny an application to register, to renew a registration card or to revoke a registration card becomes final, the department shall retrieve the firearm within forty-eight hours.

Sec. 41. (NEW) (Effective July 1, 2013) (a) Registration cards shall expire automatically one year after the date of issuance. To apply for renewal of a registration card, the registrant shall complete an application for registration as described in section 35 of this act.
            This is the stuff they are trying to push. If it gets passed, I'm leaving this state.
            sigpic

Comment

please tell me that is a joke phil....
              2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
              97' zj
              2012 surbra imperza DD
              im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Maine here I come.
                1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                1999 sierra
                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
                  please tell me that is a joke phil....
                  I kind of wish it was.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/201...076-R00-SB.htm

Here it is in its entirety if you want to read the biggest load of bullshit ever to be written down by lawyers and politicians in this state.
                  sigpic

Comment

i think im going to tape my pmags to the inside of my windshield unloaded and just drive around with them
                    2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                    97' zj
                    2012 surbra imperza DD
                    im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

and watch the amount of cops that get blown away trying to enforce this load of crap.
                      No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                      Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Well, here we got, more time being wasted on bullshit legislation!

http://www.courant.com/news/politics...,7341094.story

"We specifically want an up or down vote on the banning of these large-capacity magazines with no grandfathering clause," said Nicole Hockley, whose son, Dylan, 6, was killed Dec. 14. "Because we learned, the way that no other parents should learn, that the most dangerous, dangerous part of an assault weapon is the magazine."

"The horrible, brutal truth is that 154 bullets were fired in four minutes, killing our children, our daughters, our wives. The shooter carried 10, 30-round large-capacity magazines," Hockley said. "We have learned that in the time it took him to reload in one of the classrooms, 11 children were able to escape. We ask ourselves every day – every minute – if those magazines had held 10 rounds, forcing the shooter to reload at least six more times, would our children be alive today?"

Under the legislative leaders' grandfather clause for high-capacity magazines, owners would have to submit to what lawmakers believe would be the first state registration procedure ever imposed on magazines, an informed source said Monday. The way it would work, owners would have to declare officially how many magazines they possess with a capacity greater than 10 bullets.

Under the new system, the high-capacity magazines – for example, a 30-round magazine – could never be loaded with more than 10 bullets outside the home, with one exception: The large-capacity magazine could be fully loaded at a licensed shooting range, the source said.
                        Eeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm So we are just creating unenforceable laws right now, that's what this legislation is all about, creating laws you actually can't enforce. I'm just going to tell them I own 100 high capacity magazines.

--Create what lawmakers believe would be the first statewide "dangerous weapon offender registry" in the country. People convicted of 40 or more specific crimes, most of them involving shootings with firearms, would have to put their names on this registry – which would be open to law enforcement officials, not the public – for five years after their release from prison. They also would have to check in each year with law enforcement authorities as to their current whereabouts. "This way, the cops know if they have a shooter in the community," the source said.

--Require a "certificate of eligibility" or gun permit to be presented by any person buying ammunition – the purchase of which is now unrestricted. A certificate of eligibility could only be obtained by undergoing a national criminal background check, the same as required for a pistol permit.

--Impose tighter gun-registration procedures and "universal background checks" for purchasers of all firearms, whether the purchase is from a retail store or between individuals. This would cover purchases at gun shows.
                        Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 04-01-2013, 07:04 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Register all +10rnd mags by Jan 1, 2014
                          +10rnd mags grandfathered ONLY if possessed on date of ban. No importation/transfer after date of ban
                          +10rnd mags only allowed to be loaded +10 in home or at range. If you are carrying a pistol with +10rnd mag you can only load 10.
                          If you buy a pistol after date of signature you can NEVER put a +10rnd mag in it unless at a range, and then only load 10rnds (not allowed at all at home, wtf?)
                          Mags cannot go beyond pistol grip (meaning no extensions, wonder if this counts for 1911 w/ +1 baseplate)

Permit or EC required for ammunition purchase and transfer
                          No AP allowed (I guess no black tip or M-855, what will be the determining factor?)

Background check on all firearms transfers

Permit required for long-guns

21+ to buy anything with a pistol grip

1 feature test
                          No sale or transfer of any AW
                          +100 new weapons banned
                          +New features banned

Voluntarily check yourself in at a mental hospital? NO GUNS OR AMMO FOR 6 MONTHS AFTER RELEASE

Commit a gun crime? 5 year database of gun offenders, accessible to LEO only.

http://cthousegop.com/wp-content/upl...ial-4-1-13.pdf

...sigh...
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

So which law makes us safer???

I know which law makes the government stronger

So who wants to start a new gun manufacturing company?
                              Scary Features Removed Firearms Company
                              RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
                              www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
                              Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post

So who wants to start a new gun manufacturing company?
                                Scary Features Removed Firearms Company
                                Half of my job right now is removing scary features.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X