Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Hurricane Irene Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • cherokee-at-16
    replied
    our tree, neighbors car

    Leave a comment:


  • justtorchit
    replied
    Damage report.... still no power.... huge trees down blocking my road. Power lines everywhere. Poles on fire. And a tree fell on our other house.

    Leave a comment:


  • Lawn Guyland
    replied
    Currently in the car attempting to get back to LI from NJ. parts of LI are pretty bad from what i've seen/been told. Power is working at my house, had a tree fall on our lawn. In NJ at pete & andrews their road is pretty much blocked in by a down tree & powerlines. They probably aren't going to have power for a bit.

    Leave a comment:


  • Riot
    replied
    Well...


    It was no worse than a regular storm...In fact, I think some thunderstorms have been far worse. Never lost power, nothing flooded, looks like autumn because there are a few leaves in the yard/street.

    Overall excitement rating: 1 of 5.

    Leave a comment:


  • cherokee-at-16
    replied
    Here is a pic of Milford harbor. this is the end of high street where there's a pier. usually there's a couple feet on the right side at high tide.

    Leave a comment:


  • skippy
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Power is still on, house is still in one piece, no trees have fallen onto my Jeep...I'm doing good. When is this storm again?
    same here. i was sitting out on the porch earlier..waiting..

    Leave a comment:


  • Buffalo Phil
    replied
    Power is still on, house is still in one piece, no trees have fallen onto my Jeep...I'm doing good. When is this storm again?

    Leave a comment:


  • 04WranglerX
    replied
    Holy shit thats some final destination shit right there!

    Trees keep falling all around me, one fell from the woods in my backyard 4 feet from my property line right on my neighbors shed, another one fell across the street in my neighbors backyard. and 10 mins ago I just heard the loudest crack ever then heard a huge boom when the tree landed, can't see anything different from my porch though scared the shit out of me.
    I'm just worried about the huge tree 10 feet from my bedroom, that's leaning towards my house. I know it's weak too cause a 25 foot branch fell on my wifes.. weird, first time I typed that, car this winter and when I cut it up the core was dirt.

    Leave a comment:


  • LittleD
    replied
    My morning started off with going to work and having my boss tell me that were not gonna open the store, so i went to the lake to see how bad it was in the water

    Not to bad right?

    I proceed to drive around nearby roads to see the damage....

    Call me a dumbass but i flipped out.

    The scenario, going around on my lake road, come across a down tree with power lines, so i say to myself, i should just turn around, go to turn around and another tree falls in the way of my entrance, more power lines fall.....right onto the jeep, shut the car off in a panic, think holy fuck, my parents said something like this would happen. start the jeep, nail it to get the lines off, inch towards the tree, and fucking put the pedal to the wood. Ripped my mirror off, destroyed a bunch of paint and shit but made it out

    First tree that i originally stopped at



    After math:

    Bull bar works quite well





    I would have a vid or something, but i panicked
    Last edited by LittleD; 08-28-2011, 08:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • LittleD
    replied
    Connecticut and Mass have yet to see a tornado due to a hurricane, could this be the first?

    Leave a comment:


  • lilnapsak
    replied
    Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    2:21 am- all power has been lost. Woke up to the cracking of a tree and the loudest strangest electrical noise explosion I've ever heard...... but I don't even hear much wind... kinda thinking a tornado or something ripped through real quick. Anyone with power know about any tornado activity?
    i know a few have touched down in new jersey, highest north i heard about was allentown

    Leave a comment:


  • justtorchit
    replied
    2:21 am- all power has been lost. Woke up to the cracking of a tree and the loudest strangest electrical noise explosion I've ever heard...... but I don't even hear much wind... kinda thinking a tornado or something ripped through real quick. Anyone with power know about any tornado activity?

    Leave a comment:


  • lilnapsak
    replied
    some areas of south jersey have water up to the jersey barriers, wildwoods giant beach is completly flooded and power went out 12 seconds into me taking a shit

    Leave a comment:


  • Ruepart Hoaxley
    replied


    Back in the old days...

    Leave a comment:


  • Even
    replied
    Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Floyd

    You mean the Cat-4 hurricane?
    Yep.

    I mean the hurricane that caused the third largest evacuation in US history, and killed 35 people in North Carolina alone. I mean the hurricane that recorded 75mph winds in New England, and dropped 15" of rain in Danbury.

    It's become my new pet peeve for this weekend, nobody seems to remember it. I was 8yo and I remember going in my driveway to fuck around dodging tree limbs, and see what high winds felt like. The clean up wasn't all that severe (in the grand scheme, and from what I remember), I just can't help but when I see the local gas stations running out of gas because people are preparing for the apocalypse.
    Last edited by Even; 08-28-2011, 12:58 AM.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X