No announcement yet.

super swamper tsl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have bias swampers that are 33-12.50 and they are ok at 35psi any lower and they are squrrely and flat spot from sitting any more than 4 hours i also run bfg mt's daily and they are amazing and have had no problem with them clogging offroad or on.this is also 0n a 02tj with a detroit in the rear and traclock in the fornt

Comment

that's true too, when you let em sit they get a bit of a flat spot that takes some driving to round-out

Comment

It's weird, all the yota guys I wheeled with yesterday swore by TSL's and IROK's. Both street rigs and some trailer rigs. The kid I rode with ran 36" Tsl's a while back and said he will definitely get those again.
        1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
        1999 sierra
        1967 M725 Big and Slow
        -Dan

Comment

I swear by my iroks because they aren't horrendously loud on the road, and for the price idk if you can beat the offroad performance. The downside is they are so soft and sticky, they tend to chunk easily.

i've wheeled once so my comment is void
          Last edited by Ktmracer419; 04-12-2009, 07:21 PM.

Comment

1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
              im going with 31 10.50 15 and ya its my dd but i plan on getting a truck or somthing. but i wanted somthing that can pull the jeep through nasty crap. i go to mass and wheel with a few cj 7 with 33 inch swampers and 35s soo i wanna try and keep up . my buddy had bfg mt on his cj the one with 33 he could make it but they clogged really easy. how are the stt compared to the bfg mt ?

i have seen your jeep in person and its looks retard with the lift you have and 31's. just get 33 BFG A/T or STT's

/thread
              Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
              didnt this thread start with Jon being gay? what happened to that?
              Originally posted by Lawn Guyland
              he's still gay we've just moved on to more important issues
              Originally posted by Zullius Caesar
              i grab dude's junk all the time, doesn't make me gay.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                I swear by my iroks because they aren't horrendously loud on the road, and for the price idk if you can beat the offroad performance. The downside is they are so soft and sticky, they tend to chunk easily.

i've wheeled once so my comment is void
                damn you sam

Comment

I run 32x9.5/15 TSL bias on 15x5.5 rims on my smaller Willys. They are great on the street, and average offroad, but I do not wheel it a lot

I ran 38x12.5/15 TSL bias on 15x8 rims on my old s10 wheeling rig. They were garbage on road and off.

I had 35x12.5r15 BFG Mud Terrains on my s10 and also had 31x10.5r15 of the same make tire on my cherokee. All exeriences were good, they worked awesome on road, smooth ride, and when aired down off road they hooked up nice.

I've always played the field with used tires, but I would say if you are going to buy new, check out some of the radial mud terrains that everyone seems to have good luck with (BFG, Goodyear, Cooper, even Interco Truxus M/t). The TSL is old technology
                  1950 Willys Trail Rig
                  2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

owen is right, the TSL is old technology, there is much better out there today. the TSL is the worst style of the super swampers. the SSRs have center sipes and the LTBs have a slightly different tread pattern also. a few guys on here have run SXs and have loved them. the truxus MTs are apparently a really nice tire and obviously have some super swamper similarities. If your going to get a crazy tire like a swamper, your even better off getting a bogger but those wont really make you happy either unless you like mud. I think what you should do is find a nice set of 33 mud terrains (BFG muds, Cooper STT, TRUXUS MT, goodyear MTRs are ok, Maxxis bighorns, etc.). you wont be dissapointed on and offroad and they will last more than 5k on the road like a swamper would.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Ive heard the Truxus wears like shit, but are very very good.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

hankook dynapros are another option for a radial m/t they hook up good on rocks and mud and are quiet as hell on the road

Comment

my trXus are great, but the wear is still less than id like, ive had them for about 8k on mine and they are down to like 65% tread, if i had rotated them more frequently when i first got them i probably could have gotten a bit more
                          dirty30

Comment

For most people the trxus wear too quickly. If you are meticulous about balancing and rotating you can get decent milage out of them. Some people have trouble balancing them though just like any other interco tire.

Comment

for fun i'll list the tires i wheeled with the same setup (give or take) seriously.

1:creepy crawlers, roundest bias ply tire ever, stick to rocks like glue, super deep tread, they wear "ok" pretty much on par for a bias ply tire, but well worth it (even for the price tag)

2:iroks, good bang for the buck, not super round, but pre-balanced from the factory and dd' able, good traction in all offroad situations.

3: boggers, more of a novelty than anything, they were dd'able for a while until one tire inexplicably decided to become 63 ounces out of balance. wore decent, kinda sucked on the rocks, but got the job done.

4: tsl's. DO NOT BUY TSL'S they wore to half tread in about 2000 miles, were oval shaped, nothing would get them to balance right, they fucked up my front end. offroad, the treads would grab the rocks decent, then the soft carcass would just fold, rendering the deep tread useless. that and they couldnt hold a damn bead for more than 2 obstacles
                              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                                Ive heard the Truxus wears like shit, but are very very good.
                                wow ..thats the first ive heard of them wearing bad...ive had mine for like a year and they are wearing fine....but...the only gripe i have about them is they tend to cut pretty easily in the rocks but are phenominal in the snow and mud,i think ive never gotten stuck with them,yet....they are decent for the money but i couldve done it all over again i wouldve gotten new boggers...they fawking rule!!
                                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
                                X