super swamper tsl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how does a bogger become 63oz out of balance?lol

then again , i only drive my Truxxus to the trail and around town a little bit so maybe thats why they arent worn hardly...but still thats pretty amazing...anybody got pix of truxxus worn down that much? just curious to what that looks like?
    99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
      wow ..thats the first ive heard of them wearing bad...ive had mine for like a year and they are wearing fine....but...the only gripe i have about them is they tend to cut pretty easily in the rocks but are phenominal in the snow and mud,i think ive never gotten stuck with them,yet....they are decent for the money but i couldve done it all over again i wouldve gotten new boggers...they fawking rule!!
      I'll give you the trxus are good bang for your buck, but i can't believe this is the first you have heard of them wearing shitty.

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
        I'll give you the trxus are good bang for your buck, but i can't believe this is the first you have heard of them wearing shitty.
        everyone ive seen thats had them said they lasted forever....but... keep in mind they arent DD's either so thats probably why....

i know they are soft tires , but seriously they wear that bad? damn, im glad my rig is just strictly trails only...id be broke from buying new tires....

Comment

how does a bogger become 63oz out of balance?lol

then again , i only drive my Truxxus to the trail and around town a little bit so maybe thats why they arent worn hardly...but still thats pretty amazing...anybody got pix of truxxus worn down that much? just curious to what that looks like?
          i ran over a car on the highway on the way home from mabell. put a small hole in the tread of the bogger, stuck my spare on, got home, plugged bogger, went for a drive, and the damn steering wheel wouldn't stay straight, it fucked up my trackbar bushings in like 1 mile of driving. went to school, put it on the balancer, the balancer would vibrate on the floor and it told me to put a 63 ounce wheel weight in one spot on the rim.
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

i was alos contemplating getting the irok radials....how are they?

Comment

howd you run over a car?lol

Comment

i was alos contemplating getting the irok radials....how are they?
                pretty much exact same as the bias plys

for the money i wouldn't bother

Comment

Originally posted by fullwidthxj191 View Post
                  pretty much exact same as the bias plys

for the money i wouldn't bother
                  so just keep what i got?

Comment

howd you run over a car?lol
                    i was going 45 mph and dumb bitch pulled into my lane and came to a complete stop.

her car was totalled and i drove home. the cop found her at 100% fault even thought my jeep was illegal as hell. it was pretty sweet
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

so just keep what i got?
                      If your asking if you should keep the trxus, then yea i probably would. They are a fairly good tire, they just wear a little funny/quickly. If you aren't wheeling all the time, there is absolutely no reason to switch from a trxus to irok.

After those are shot, if you can afford to replace tires every 15k then be my guest and go with some iroks, if not then buy a respectable M/T (BFG, Cooper STT, Toyo, etc.)

Comment

i actually heard the TRUXUS MTs wore shitty also, i forgot to add that. but apparently they grip really well

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

yeah ive read they wear really fast especially if they arent rotated but ive also heard good reviews about em

Comment

They have very good street manners in the rain and snow, offroad they are about as good as any other M/T out there.

Comment

well i guess thats somewhat reassuring...

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                                owen is right, the TSL is old technology, there is much better out there today. the TSL is the worst style of the super swampers. the SSRs have center sipes and the LTBs have a slightly different tread pattern also. a few guys on here have run SXs and have loved them. the truxus MTs are apparently a really nice tire and obviously have some super swamper similarities. If your going to get a crazy tire like a swamper, your even better off getting a bogger but those wont really make you happy either unless you like mud. I think what you should do is find a nice set of 33 mud terrains (BFG muds, Cooper STT, TRUXUS MT, goodyear MTRs are ok, Maxxis bighorns, etc.). you wont be dissapointed on and offroad and they will last more than 5k on the road like a swamper would.
                                I think for forgot Thornbirds? or do they even make them anymore

I love my little TSLs on the street, but I don't drive a ton of miles either. They balanced out with only a few ounces each and no shakes at all. But again they are small and narrow
                                1950 Willys Trail Rig
                                2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X