super swamper tsl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• super swamper tsl

Im thinking of getting super swamper tsl any one have them how are they in the snow ? how bad are they on the road ? can any one help me out i want an awsome off road tire but then again i drive on the road alot.

what size are you getting?

IF you daily drive your rig, dont get TSL's . they are good offroad tires (especially the sx's) but they suck balls on the road. I had the radial 33's and they worked good, drove good, but the lugs chunked out more then the bias ones. Iroks are fantastic in the snow, sweet wheeling tire, livable on the street, but they tend to wear out somewhat quickly. but you cant have the best of all worlds if you DD your ride.

lol so yeah, in closing if your going to drive you jeep every day i would stick to a cooper stt, or some tire like that.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i run 38.5 tsl's and i have no objections
      1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
        i run 38.5 tsl's and i have no objections
        do you drive it on the street all the time as your primary vehicle???
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

I think Sam is the only one around here who has daily driven a vehicle w/ bias TSLs. He will prob chime in...
          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
          http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

he will say they suck, are square and wear way too quickly

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
              he will say they suck, are square and wear way too quickly
              yep

anyway a bias tire will wear too quickly on the street for a DD. unless you dont care about that or are made of money, i wouldnt bother entertaining the idea.
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                what size are you getting?

IF you daily drive your rig, dont get TSL's . they are good offroad tires (especially the sx's) but they suck balls on the road. I had the radial 33's and they worked good, drove good, but the lugs chunked out more then the bias ones. Iroks are fantastic in the snow, sweet wheeling tire, livable on the street, but they tend to wear out somewhat quickly. but you cant have the best of all worlds if you DD your ride.

lol so yeah, in closing if your going to drive you jeep every day i would stick to a cooper stt, or some tire like that.
                ive been x2'ing you a lot lately.
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

yes it is my only vehicle i drive it every day and an hour to work, and still love it
                  1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
                    yes it is my only vehicle i drive it every day and an hour to work, and still love it
                    sounds terrible

Comment

you have been dailying 38.5's for what? a week? get some real street time on it then come back.

my 36's sucked nuts. when running at low pressures thye would slip off the bead like there was a layer of warm melted butter holding them to my wheel. the lugs would grab, but then fold over before they could pull my jeep up shit. on the street they fucked up every bushing in my front suspension. that and they went from full tread to half tread in about 2 months.
                      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

im going with 31 10.50 15 and ya its my dd but i plan on getting a truck or somthing. but i wanted somthing that can pull the jeep through nasty crap. i go to mass and wheel with a few cj 7 with 33 inch swampers and 35s soo i wanna try and keep up . my buddy had bfg mt on his cj the one with 33 he could make it but they clogged really easy. how are the stt compared to the bfg mt ?

Comment

do yourself a favor and get some MTs.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            ive been x2'ing you a lot lately.
                            thats because we think alike and are therefore geniuses

Comment

I liked my 33's, daily driven, they bit everything well and only sucked in the rain with a locker. my 36 sx's are quite nice as well, and are wearing quickly, too. the only problem I have found with them is same rain problem breaking loose under a locker load and balancing can sometimes be a bitch.

Comment

Working...
                              X