lifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifting

If i put a 2 " lift on my 95 YJ will i need a new drive shaft front or rear im not sure or anything else
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

What exactly are you doing for a lift? Springs I assume. If thats the case, your driveshafts will be fine. If you should get any vibration, add degree shims between the axle and the spring to kick the pinion up to match the output of transfercase. You may or may not need to lower the transfercase an inch. If needed, grab a piece of 1" square tubing, drill 3 bolt holes and attach it between your frame and your skid plate. You may also need a dropped pitman arm.
    88 YJ...kinda. Clayton Hard Arms, V8, 1 tons w/Detroits, twin sticked T-18/NP205, Irok's, MasterCrafts, fuel cell, multi-colored

Comment

you shouldn't need a pitman, or a t case drop. Just buy a kit, most will have everything you need in it.
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Originally posted by ruecifur View Post
        you shouldn't need a pitman, or a t case drop. Just buy a kit, most will have everything you need in it.
        So i shouldnt really worry bout it?
        95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

if i remember 2" for a yj is just springs and shocks. you can relocated the brake lines and be good

while your doing that take off your sway bar and track bars. they are not needed for a sprung under yj
          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
            if i remember 2" for a yj is just springs and shocks. you can relocated the brake lines and be good

while your doing that take off your sway bar and track bars. they are not needed for a sprung under yj
            Wont it sway allove the place though

Comment

Working...
            X