No announcement yet.

BUMPERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I too have no problem showing you anything you are willing to learn Joe.

RM

Comment

lean something new everyday right....

ive never welded before. i dont know much about it other that what ive picked up from others. i got this welded for 90 bucks at harbor freight. i dont have hundreds to spend on a better one like what you guys have. so i work with what i have. im not just "doing a hack ass job". its just i can only do what my equipment will allow.

i took the rear back off and cut off everthing i had done right back down to just the bumper itself. i left the tie-ins bolted to the rail like i had them since i had already cut the body to fit them that way.

i took what all of you ahve been saying and rewelded the tie-ins to the bumper. i slowed my wired speed worked slower and made 3 passes on each side and also added supports for latteral strength. i cut a V into the bumper face so that the tie-in had something to lock into.

i dident have my camera. but it came out much better and i could tell based on how it looked that it deff had penitrated the bumper a little better. its probably not as good as if i used a bigger welder but its really all i can do. i like it alot better than the 1st attempt. thanks for the input guys...
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

the front has already been put to use, and the d rings i made held. at rausch when i blew my outter and got stuck at the top of a hill climb, chris winched me up with the bronco from the front d ring tab and it held no problem. the welds look like shit on the outside but armand helped me weld the tabs on the front and he agreed when we did it that it looked ok. he welded a winch mount to the front of his jeep and its been used PLENTY of times and works great.... im confident in his opinion and skils with a welded to know that those tabs will be ok.
        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Working...
        X