No announcement yet.

Clifford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dana 30's use the same ujoints, with larger shafts and 30 splines, that becomes the new weak point.

Do what you will. I have a stack of 44 stuff for 100 bucks. high pinion housing, ford outers, hubs, knuckles, c's, inner and outer shafts. you are more than welcome to it.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
      dana 30's use the same ujoints, with larger shafts and 30 splines, that becomes the new weak point.

Do what you will. I have a stack of 44 stuff for 100 bucks. high pinion housing, ford outers, hubs, knuckles, c's, inner and outer shafts. you are more than welcome to it.
      yea thats my problem ive never broken a u-joint. i keep ripping the shit outta shafts b4 the joints fail. im really suprised i haven't exploded my r&p.

i may be interested in you stack of 44 shit mainly spare shafts and hubs... ill let ya know thankx pasta....
      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

linked front> leafs front. its a step backwards in my opinion, for several reasons.
        anything in front > spool in front. justin wheels around with one hub unlocked its so bad, and locks the hub when he needs to get up something lol.
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Link a 60 up front... Go big or Go home ....
          89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
          95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
          97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
          If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
            linked front> leafs front. its a step backwards in my opinion, for several reasons.
            anything in front > spool in front. justin wheels around with one hub unlocked its so bad, and locks the hub when he needs to get up something lol.
            ill take a spool up front before an open diff. its pretty easy to come up to something and turn a hub.... just sayin.....

and ive seen and been impressed by leafs... but a three link is so damn easy there is no reason to go with leafs... the general idea might be easier, but if ya put in the hour of research, youll have a much better set up
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
              ill take a spool up front before an open diff. its pretty easy to come up to something and turn a hub.... just sayin.....

and ive seen and been impressed by leafs... but a three link is so damn easy there is no reason to go with leafs... the general idea might be easier, but if ya put in the hour of research, youll have a much better set up
              didnt clarify, any other type of lockerizing differential>spool.

if i was buildin up some sweet 44's i would budget for a locker in front.

rear can get away with a spool in my book though
              Last edited by Ktmracer419; 10-07-2010, 07:18 AM.

Comment

This is going to be an interesting project and something different, you really dont see that many leaf sprung cherokees out there and while some say theres a reason for that I say go for it, I've seen plenty of leave sprung rigs do great so why not a cherokee..
                98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                  This is going to be an interesting project and something different, you really dont see that many leaf sprung cherokees out there and while some say theres a reason for that I say go for it, I've seen plenty of leave sprung rigs do great so why not a cherokee..
                  IMO

because a linked suspension is superior and they come factory with a linked suspension.

no doubt leafs get the job done though i suppose

Comment

link link link link link link link....

basically ur whole jeep would be going back in technology.... i think your one gain would be locking hubs....

you have a nice 30 now... a 44 would be a great adition with the same setup u have already to IMPROVE.

you have long arms which get the job done great....
                    why go to leafs, use the lowers you have and make a upper to IMPROVE your setup into a 3 link.

but this is my opinion, try it and see if it works
                    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
                    some people choose video games
                    some choose projects
                    some choose welding random things together

Comment

• im not worried about a loss of flex or performance switching form lang arm to leafs. i think its gonna be sick to do something unusual and "outofthebox"
                      #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

• just to bust some balls...report to this thread!

http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10559
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
                          im not worried about a loss of flex or performance switching form lang arm to leafs. i think its gonna be sick to do something unusual and "outofthebox"
                          whatever floats yer boat.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeNitro View Post
                            im not worried about a loss of flex or performance switching form lang arm to leafs. i think its gonna be sick to do something unusual and "outofthebox"
                            you just said yourself that it was a step backwards...jussayin

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• dont see how a d30 cant handle 35's and a locker? ran mine w/ 4.88's and an aussie for 3 years and never had a problem...its called finesse....just bustin ,joe.....go for it! YOU CAN DO EEET!!!
                              99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

• either way you look at it there's advanages and disadvantages but in the end it's your decision, good luck with your choice!

Comment

Working...
                                X