• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shits DOOKIN

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

needs more lift.
      "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
      It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

bought me some 1/8" tmr racing frame plates today

currently my frame is cracked in 3 places from the steering box to the trackbar, and when a tire is bound up i have about a metric mile of slop in my steering from it
        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Look at all that blue rain...
          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
          Originally posted by DizzDizz
          aliens probed my husband

Comment

so one of the side gears in my detroit is stripped. i have always been told it happens when you break a shaft. well it took me 6 shafts to break it.

gonna see if i can just order a new gear.

anyway the front axle is out and in mah garage now. gonna do a complete tear down and buildup of it.

Comment

Wow that sucks Sam. You need to build a D60 like now.
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

BUT I GUN TRUSS IT TOO SOO MUCH LESS FLEX

Comment

I think you need DOOKIN shafts and hubs.
                  -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

and u say i polish my 30...
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

ill have moser inner shafts, yukon super joints with full circle clips and nitro axle and gear shafts

the moser inners i'm not worried about, the yukon super joints are capable of like 12,000 ft lbs of torque or something silly like that, and the outer shafts have a lifetime warranty

i was fine on the moser inner and outers with spicer 5-760 x' joints with half clips for about 2 years, its just that when those finally let go i just swapped in stock replacements and the cheapest alloy shafts i could find. well all of those broke. i think i will be fine with the new setup with my weak link being the outers. a dana60 is out of the picture for a while. I can either fix my dana44 for 300 bucks, or build a 60 for $3500. If i do a 60 it would need to be narrowed and i would need an 8 lug rear, get new wheels and the price keeps adding up. so keeping my 44 is appealing.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        and u say i polish my 30...
                        your 30 is the least polished ever, it doesnt even have metallic paint dude

THIS is a polished 30

Comment

And just this weekend you were talking about how your detroit had been fine after all those blown shafts. Way to jinx it

Comment

yea, and the fuckin detroit was broken before this run

Comment

Sam you've probably seen this already, but Longfield is making birfs for 44 front axles... Not sure if they are just for Rubicon front 44s, but there are some threads circulating around pirate. http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...=d44+longfield

I also had a completely off topic question for you. Did I see you had some sort of Torque Converter lockup switch in your rig? If so what do you use it for exactly?
                              Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

also this was in that thread thought it was pretty interesting.

PRODUCT ............................................ FT.LB. TORQUE.... Deg. of TWIST

Yukon 4340 Dana 60 35 spline short side axle.........12,000......130
                                Stock Dana 60 35 spline short side axle ..................6,500........35
                                Yukon 4340 Dana 44 30 spline short side axle ..........5,800 .......35
                                Stock dana 44 30 spline.......................................5,000 ........35
                                Yukon 4340 Birfield Eliminator kit (ear failure)............5,500.......50
                                Longfield Toy 4340 30 spline (shaft failure)...............8,500.......175
                                Longfield Toy 4340 27 spline..................................6,500..... ..75
                                Stock Toyota Birfield.......................................... ..4,200 ......45
                                Stock Toyota Inner Axle........................................5,000 .......45
                                All Pro "Profield".................................... .... .......... 3,500 ......30

TJ Rubi Longfield front...........................................6, 800.......75
                                TJ Rubi Superior front (shaft failure).........................5,800........40
                                TJ Rubi US Alloy front............................................5 ,000........40
                                TJ Rubi Yukon front............................................. .4,100........50
                                TJ Rubi stock front (ear failure)...............................2,500...... ..10
                                TJ Rubi stock front (ear failure)...............................2,000...... ..10
                                Jeep - every bump is a steering opportunity

Comment

Working...
                                X