Operation: BACK IN BLACK! 97 xj build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hydra View Post
    Would using heims like that fit the stock width mounts?
    I gotta build one and I can't figure out if a hiem will fit where thr axlesidevmount goes
    either gotta run a dainty heim that will break

or find some itty bitty misalignment spacers.

and you will not fit 1.75" od tubing in there. you will need to run 1.5" od max. which may limit the size tube insert you can run which will limit the size heim you can run

personally I like to keep anything that doesnt see rocks 7/8" and anything that does see rocks 1" or larger. keeps my spare parts to a minimum.
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• That's a dec idea, Im going ota for wj swap, so I just need something stock sized, guess I'll have to buy mini flex joints or sumpin
      dirty30

Comment

• did some stuff this week

new awsum rear shock mounts
        blew out the edelbrocks... in my hand
        new wheel bearings and seals in front
        shock mounts

frame stiffys in front

armored and relocated my e-brake housing(just need cables for the discs)

tomorrow the front crossmember should be in

Comment

• custom shaved dana60 mod

Comment

• that trackbar is realy nice man, i think im gona do something similar to this in my zj.... an you seam to use t-hitch tubing for alot of stuff which i would have never thought of lol, but have you ever ran into any problems with it cuz its not super expensive DOM shit?
            97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

• Originally posted by 003brian View Post
              that trackbar is realy nice man, i think im gona do something similar to this in my zj.... an you seam to use t-hitch tubing for alot of stuff which i would have never thought of lol, but have you ever ran into any problems with it cuz its not super expensive DOM shit?
              it just makes nice,easy mounts for heim joints with the proper width misalignment spacer lol. and i can go to harbor freight and get 18" of it for 12 bucks

it's 3/16" thick, which i am perfectly content with on anything that doesn't get regular use smashing off of rocks.

so far i have made ,trackbar bracket,axle side trackbar bracket, upper control arm brackets,shock mounts, and bumpstop spacers out of the stuff. it's great.

Comment

• wow this is good to know. im making long arms an a new trackbar so i will deff be picking up a shitload of this for all the brackets for mostly everything.

sence i will be runnin wide as shit axles i was thinking for the axle side trackbar bracket mounting it a little past the coil spring closer to the tire so i can put like a gusset-trus type thing going from the bracket to an around the top of the axle... not shure if this will work right but it will be easyer to mess around with once my axles are off my shit now.
                97 zj- frankenstein 3.5", 35 stt's.

92 240sx- coilovers,full adj arms bla bla bla. 50trim t3/t04 soon

xj- need one

Comment

• www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• Lookin Gewd dude. Needs some body armor up front because you like to kill header panels. lol
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

• DUDE add tube to the side before you fuck up the header panel again like we talked aboooot.

Comment

• Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        DUDE add tube to the side before you fuck up the header panel again like we talked aboooot.
                        i ran out of metal

i wouldnt even trust it as a recovery point until i reinforce it

Comment

• dokay!

Comment

• Do you have any insight as to how you tied that front bumper into the frame rails? I plan on doing something very similar, it seems like an easy way to beef up the front crossmember and not have to deal with a bumper/tie ins.
                            Last edited by Even; 03-13-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Even View Post
                              Do you have any insight as to how you tied that front bumper into the frame rails? I plan on doing something very similar, it seems like an easy way to beef up the front crossmember and not have to deal with a bumper/tie ins.
                              last jeep i cut out about 80% of the front crossmember and some framerail so i could get some sick approach angleage.

this one i kept it intact and all I did was cut a little off the front rails (not even rails at that point)

weld some plate to the rails (stiffeners in my case) and have them butt out the front of the jeep a few inches. then stick the 2x6 in there, angle it how I want, tack it in place, then cut off the excess metal.

Comment

• fuck yukon super joints

less than a year old and they are shot

Comment

Working...
                                X